Importance of Clock Cables

I’m late to this thread and didn’t read every post above. I agree, clock cables will make a noticeable difference.

Cardas Clear Digital are excellent and not expensive. Plus I bet you can find a 30 day refund from a on line dealer if your not happy. Or your dCS dealer may be able to loan you a set.

Ultimately I like the Transparent Ref XL the best. Most Transparent dealers should be able to loan you one to try. But the cost vs value ratio isn’t as good. Are they better, yes. Are they 4x the price of the Cardas better, no. Good luck !

1 Like

Hi John, i will read up on the Cardas thanks for bringing them to my attention. The Transparent have been recommended to me before but i’m not sure if i want to spend that much.
Regards

Jcfrech

Have you had the chance to compare the Cardas Clears to several of the popular priced alternatives frequently mentioned here such as Apogee Wyde Eye, Van Damme, or Blue Jeans cable?

I have had recommended to me, in ascending (price) order Cardas, Shunyata, and finally Transparent XL. I do not care how good Transparent XL’s are - to spend $6k on a pair of clock cables for a $7k Clock seems ludicrous to me.

Best
Gregg

You don’t want this to make sense, do you? :wink:

Thats what Ansuz and Nordost were going for with their DTC D2 Digital @ $8,500 and the Odin 2 Digital @ $10,999, respectively.

Specially designed for those with more Dollars than Sense :laughing:

1 Like

May i ask which clock cable are you using? Brand and length.
Many thanks

I mentioned above these three (I know it can be overwhelming to slog through these long threads):

1. Geistnote Wyde Eye
  2. Van Damme
  3. Blue Jeans

Right now, the BJC are the ones I have settled in with. All three of these cables allow my ears to discern the differences when the Vivaldi clock and the OP21A are in and out of my system. And I cannot imagine they can or should do more than that. When people describe analog-type changes (bass, air, clarity) from digital cables, it suggests to me one or both of two things: (1) a deficiency in their baseline or reference cable; or (2) a deficiency in the connected equipment. But that’s just my viewpoint. YMMV. Anyway, I’m lazy. Pulling equipment and swapping 5 clock cables back and forth is not my idea of listening to music. :wink:

Next week, the new speakers and amps arrive, and my amp maker has recommended a full month of break-in for both the speakers and amps. At this rate, I probably won’t do any serious further clock cable evaluation until the holidays toward the end of the year, if ever.

Good luck with the new amp and speakers :grinning:

1 Like

I’m using 3 x Nordost Vahalla 2 bnc. They cost 100 times of your cable. Lol.
The reason i am asking is because i want to trade them in for another components if your recommended one is really good.
Thank you so much

Tam:

There are other folks here who are very happy with Cardas Clear, Shunyata, and Black Cat, to name a few that have been mentioned. I’m not saying that those cables, or the Nordost, aren’t superior. You might well hear a difference I don’t hear. If and when I finally get around to auditioning the Shunyata, maybe I will love them. As a willing audiophool, I’ve convinced myself I heard things before, and I’ve spent money based on that conviction, usually with little regret. But so far, I am not hearing big differences between digital clock cables. Nor have I read any reason why a cable built to 75 ohm spec should sound different from any other. So, it’s not high on my list of priorities to go chasing down this particular rabbit hole.

2 Likes

I’m using since 2 years now Pasternack cables (https://www.pasternack.com/bnc-male-bnc-male-rg216u-cable-assembly-pe33403-24-p.aspx). I think these references were coming from tests on Audiophile Style in front of HABST cables that i owned (2x). When i moved to the vivaldi the number of BNC cables increased and i can not afford Habst or Shunyata. This is why i moved to the pasternack that i like very much. A drawback is that they are not very flexible but for the price it is doing the job. I would like to test in front of more audiophile cables but the price for the full set (Vivaldi and OP21A) is really a showstopper.
Let’s see

I noticed that particular Pasternack cable has been discontinued. While poking around their website, I saw that you can purchase similar cables with pretty much any type of cable your heart desires. Here is the RG59 version. And I saw RG6, 11, 179, 187, 216, Mini59, and some in colors and with right angle terminations even. Quite a lot of options.

I too have been a happy, though poorer, Transparent XL clock cable user. Lucky I only have the short stack, sans Transport. Won’t be spending as extravagantly on the next set for a master clock and Uptone EtherREGEN, however.

2 Likes

Thank you Greg, great advice!

Guys, i have just decided to go with this for my clock cables from Cybershaft OP21 > Vivaldi Clock > Vivaldi One
https://www.vhaudio.com/pulsar-cu-airlok-single.html

Since i am quite happy with his power cable and RCA. Let see how it sounds later.
Any experience about Vhaudio please share.
Thank guys.

1 Like

I know VH Audio. I have heard his speaker cables in a system that sounded quite fine [though this was not a comparative listening test; I was just enjoying the music]. He also gets good reviews on other forums for the quality of his work, and for his cable “recipes.” That link is to the bulk cable page; here is the link to the finished silver digital interconnects suitable for clock connections. Let us know what you think of your new clock cable when you receive it.

Wait and see. I am replacing my Nordost Valhalla 2

1 Like

Thanks Greg, i did not check as i bought few years ago. Will have a look to the new versions.

Waiting for your feedbacks !

Guys, they saves me ton of money from swapping in my 3 x Nordost Valhalla 2 BNC with these.
Just plugged in, harmonics and accuracy is better (omg).

1 Like