Importance of Clock Cables

Just ordered some Wyde Eyed bnc-bnc from a popular auction site. I got a good deal, just need the clock now to connect them to!!

I use 2x Cardas Clear with BNCs on both ends and am thrilled with them.

Tam, are those the VH Pulsar Ag?

Yes they are. All i can say now is they are better than Nordost Valhalla 2 which cost 10 times more. I can’t understand Greg.

1 Like

Just means that cost is not a performance spec.

Greg, so wittily put :smile:.

1 Like

I am more than agree with that after years using Full of Nordost Valhalla 2. Just replaced powercable, interconnect and BNC by VHAudio’s top of the line (10 time cheaper). All are very happy! Highly recommended. Chris VenHaus is a good man in this business.

1 Like

Anyone care to comment/speculate how these VHAudio clock cables compare to the popular Apogee Wyde Eye cables which many on here use?

Best
Gregg

The good thing about VHaudio cable is you can customize connectors. In my opinion this factor is quite important. My power cable and BNC all are using top of the line Furutech connector and interconnect connector is from WBT.

FWIW, and solely IMHO, with respect to digital cables, what matters is whether the best connector for maintaining spec is used, and that may be affected by the cable design and material. When one starts customizing cable pieces & parts, ask your fabricator to measure the final product and print out a spec sheet for you.

2 Likes

I have been told that my clock was being built last week. So hopefully it should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday next week🤞

2 Likes

I used 1x SOTM (copper) for ext. ref and 2 x VHaudio (silver) for word clock. In my case, SQ has increased to a new level.

Still waiting!!:flushed:

I make it around 11 weeks since you ordered so that is par for the course. Even before Covid entered the picture back in January I was being given 13 week lead times. I know it is frustrating but all will be forgotten as soon as it arrives :smile:

1 Like

Hi Pete, yes must keep my eye on the prize! It’s just when i ordered the clock i was told it would be about 6 weeks. Then i’ve had a couple of false dawns and now there is a problem at dCS so my dealer can’t get an expected delivery date.
To make matters worse, the head of the shop sold their demo unit ( to a customer who “just couldn’t wait” & at a discount)!! At least i get a shiny new one and the dealer did let me have it at the pre price increase price, so shouldn’t really complain - as you say “just a bit frustrating”.

Just my luck!! Got the phone call today saying that my clock is in :+1: but i can’t get over to pick it up until Friday :cry:

I’m reading this at a quarter to midnight. So only a day and a bit to go :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well it’s here!! managed to get over to Oxford to pick it up. Installed and running in. Will let it settle down and run in before making any assessment.

1 Like

Congratulations :+1:. Yes it will take a couple of days to really settle down and to burn in the clock cables but I am looking forward to your reaction.

At the behest of John Quick, who told me he understands that I’d spent my wad on equipment but that I owed it to myself to upgrade the cables… so he provided a low cost options… I went with option 3… it’s $80 delivered to my door for 1’ length cables… so here we go. I expect they’ll be here in a couple of days.

1 Like