I have only gone and ordered it

Well after being totally blown away with a vivaldi apex over the last few weeks, i decided to go for it, well its only money and i have worked hard, plus its my birthday sunday, so don’t need another excuse do i? Lol.
Well vivaldi and upsampler ordered, said i never would, but that’s life and can’t wait. Its going to be a long 6 to 8 weeks.

14 Likes

Congrats! But no Vivaldi Clock? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No thats a jump a bit too far in one go, but i guess it will arrive sometime next year if all goes well.
Plus thanks for editing my post as did this from my phone and fingers too big for buttons lol.

1 Like

That’s fantastic news, Duncan — congratulations.

(If you think the buttons on your phone are small…be glad we have Mosaic instead of the physical buttons for our dCS units.)

2 Likes

Congratulations !!!

I did the same - ordered Rossini Apex Dac and Rossini Transport .

I am a broke now but happy.

Regards,
Sourav

1 Like

Hope you mean a rossini transport, no need for two dac’s :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing. Corrected the same.

Regards,
Sourav

1 Like

Excellent choice…you won’t regret that decision…but you set the level very high for the birthday present in your family…I hope you haven’t got eight children…

I always work to a high level lol.
In fact this birthday could be to a very high level as i think the family have got me a sky dive, not sure if they are trying to kill me and get my dcs money before it goes, etc.

5 Likes

Love this sentiment : )

2 Likes

As said just do it and enjoy if you can as life is short.

I just got a Rossini stack: transport, DAC and clock. Mated to antipodes K50 music server, Oppo BDP-95 for playing DVD audio discs, Transparent Opus, Nordost Valhalla 2 and Shunyata Sigma 2 power cables, Mark Levinson No. 526 mono blocks, Nordost Valhalla 2 digital cables with BNC connectors, one Audioquest Wild 2 BNC digital cable and Audioquest Firebird Interconnects from the DAC to the amps. Transparent reference speaker cables to Wilson audio Alexia 2 speakers. Ansuz A2 ethernet switch, Nordost Valhalla 2 ethernet cables and Shunyata Research Everest power conditioner. In about two weeks I will be getting my Stromtank S1000 UPS.

I can tell you that with careful component and cable selection, this is a match made in heaven. I would have to credit the DAC primarily for the wonderful sound. interestingly, it sounds better without a passive preamp.

1 Like

Got my Rossini Transport and Rossini Apex Dac this June. So far more than amazed. The sound is still opening even after 4 months.

2 Likes

Got the message today that i have been waiting for, off to pick-up my new kit tomorrow morning.
Can’t wait as Christmas has come early this year

2 Likes

Just simply loving what these two are now doing in my system, so glad i made the rather big jump now.
Just need to sort out longer legs for my rack so i can once again separate them and give them a shelf all to themselves

10 Likes

Good for you, Dunc! Congratulations :blush::+1:

Cheers
Certainly loving it, plus it was good to meet the dCS team last Saturday at the dCS event at hifi lounge

Dunc, do you use the DAC as preamp as well?

Hi
No i have a naim 552dr pre amp, as i also have a turntable and elcaset in the mix

2 Likes