Gapless Replay of 24/192

Is there a chance to correct this error in the near future? This is becoming more and more bothersome.

1 Like

Iā€™m assured it is something that is in the current tranche of items being worked on but I havenā€™t been given a date for release yetā€¦

BR

Phil

5 Likes

At long last !!!
After this update, now it plays gapless on 192, DXD ā€¦ (using Mosaic and minimserver).
Mosaic 1.4.2 150 and Network Board 1.4.2 (511)

3 Likes

Serving files via MinimServer (latest release).

Is there a difference in behavior - especially gapless playback - if I use JPLAY vs Mosaic?

I just tried both right now and yes there is a difference. Mosaic plays gapless and Jplay donā€™t !?

I selected Ā“gaplessā€™ on Jplayā€¦despite of that, it doesnā€™t play gapless, at least when playing 24/192 flac files on Minimserver(latest version).

Very interesting. Thank you.

Thereā€™s been multiple threads about the challenges with 3rd party Control Point Apps for Gapless playback on dCS. The following is a good place to start;

What is surprising to me is why this matters. I imagine a control point to send the renderer a list of URLs to play, and then it would be exclusively the business of the renderer to render those gaplessly.

Obviously I donā€™t understand the details of UPnP and how it works in this case, or this would either work or no regardless of the control point.

Yeah, itā€™s a bit of a mess really, and mostly legacy architecture. The UPnP specifications are so loose that vendors do their own thing.

Itā€™s not unique to dCS though. Few UPnP Control Point Apps work across different vendor platforms. The ones that do work across platforms usually indicates the rendering hardware of those platforms is OEMed from the same supplier. For example, the mConnect Control Point App was designed for Conversdigital streaming boards, so it works with Ayre, PS Audio, etc.

Which control apps are known to work with StreamUnlimited?

As far as I know, none of the 3rd party Control Point Apps were designed for use with StreamUnlimited boards. I believe all of the vendors who use them do their own thing - Burmester, dCS, Naim, SimAudio, etc.