For Christmas....the dCS present!

I also thought we deserved a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, the waiting all year round made me feel a bit disappointed and let down. Hope dies last.

I would like to see the the ability of Mosaic APP to control the Rossini clock dither on & off and standby modes

Ah ! dCS always think about a Christmas gift for its users… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was hoping for a Rossini update to fix the chopping off the first few seconds of a DSD track bug.

They said it will be fixed in a future update but have no indication of when that might be.

Hi Andrew, would be very curious about your plans for a 3.0 firmware version for my beloved Vivaldi One. Can you kindly share anything on this? Many thanks.

Hi, it is a very good question that we can extend to Vivaldi Dac and also Vivaldi Upsampler…but the thread is about Christmas gift…so they may not respond before December :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s hope they don’t need that much time… Version 2.0 is several years old already. In case it is indeed planned for next Christmas dCS at least still have almost 9 months time to finish it. :wink:

Interestingly, will the owners of the Bartok wait for a piece of Rossini in the form of a new firmware? Or is that all? :roll_eyes:

…and will the Loop port be used? I wonder why it was mounted at all?

2 Likes

It is true that Xmas is coming soon…The Vivaldi 3.0 would be great :wink:

It would be great if Bartók’s ability to change the data mapping method and other Firmware 2.0-related features would go to Bartók. However, I am afraid that the sound of the Bartók would come even closer to the quality offered by the Rossini.
Regards Robert

Robert - as a Bartok with HPA and Rossini Clock owner, I want to chime in and second that the many Bartok owners have waited quite a while for mapping 2.0 as in Rossini 2.0 & Vivaldi 2.0 (not to mention those currently in the market for a DAC in the Bartok price range that would likely consider 2.0 a tipping point). We Bartok owners are the only class of current product dCS DAC owners not benefitting from mapping 2.0. I had it confirmed by a dCS official prior to my Bartok purchase that the Bartok is fully capable of supporting mapping 2.0. Let’s hope that dCS actually provides this significant upgrade, and soon.

Who knows if there is a 3.0 for Vivaldi or Rossini. If not, the Rossini will still be better than Bartok with mapping 2.0 due to having twice the power supply and better/quieter casework. The power supply improvement will always provide a more robust sound. This is perhaps the key improvement one gets from upgrading from Rossini to Vivaldi–the power supply in Vivaldi is larger and more powerful, and the casework is superior to Rossini. It is analogous to a stereo amp, versus the same circuitry in a mono amp–the D’Agostino Progression Series of amps is a good example. In an appropriate system, the mono amp based system will be clearly superior to the stereo amp one.

You are right, for Xmas everybody must receive a nice present. So 3.0 for all dCS currently supported gear :santa::santa::santa::partying_face:

1 Like

Weird this is that the map 2.0 is called map 1 and map 1.0 is called map 2. Stranger yet is map 3 is the best of the bunch.

Only had the Rossini a couple of weeks but the new mapping isn’t that significant. Using the old mapping is a bigger step up from Bartok than the new map to the old. Not sure the clock does enough to justify. Trade your Bartok and clock for a Rossini? However my speakers aren’t great so I’m probably only hearing 75% of the Rossini combo capabilities.

If you would care to look at the manual the numbering is explained and is perfectly logical. NB : you may not be aware but earlier iterations of Rossini and Vivaldi had no choice of mapping hence there was no map numbering at all.

If you prefer Map 3 then that is your personal choice. However it is not necessarily "the best " in all circumstances and for all listeners.

I think that you may be right about your speakers ( “my speakers aren’t great”) given a couple of your recent comments.

1 Like

My speakers are polarizing at best.

You can change that with a quick cable swap :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think that Katzky means that they invert polarity. When something is polarizing it means that it creates conflicting or opposing reactions like Marmite (NB: Yum from me). Think Bose 901s, for example.

I think you missed Ben’s smiley :stuck_out_tongue:

bonk

They’re Naim… Ovators…