I encountered an unusual issue today. Not sure if anyone else has come across this in the past. I noticed that my system, just didn’t sound right today. The soundstage sounded out of whack I tried several different tracks and nothing sounded great and some just terrible. At some point I decided to switch the Vivaldi Upsampler from DSD2 back to DXD and voila’ everything was right again. I then went back to DSD2 and the sound was back to normal there too. Very odd.
In trying to figure out what could have caused the poor SQ that was eliminated by changed rates I can only guess that a “popping” sound that occurred when I recently engaged/disengaged the tone controls on my D’Agostino pre-amp may have messed something up that was corrected by changing rates. I seldom use the tone controls and recently had the board replaced.
All is well right now.