DCS Vivaldi and Logitech

Hello,

I opened a support ticket with Logitech, so they may include the Vivaldi stack as a device supported by Harmony control. Now they are asking me what are the model numbers of the Vivaldi upsampler, dac, clock and transport.

I cant seem to find these numbers anywhere. Is there such an identification for the Vivaldi?

As far as we’re concerned Vivaldi DAC, Vivaldi Upsampler, Vivaldi Transport, etc are the model designations.

Hello Jose and Andrew,

It would be helpful if Logitech would support all of the dCS devices rather than just the Vivaldi stack. Perhaps Andrew could interface with Logitech to give them the information they would need to support all dCS devices.

If I recall correctly there are already codes in their database for all of the products.

Regardless, all products share the same codes so the main functions will work even if the name I their database doesn’t match your product.

I found codes for the Dac and upsampler, under Scarlatti. I did not find any code for the clock. Paganini in Logitech DB is for transport only. Should anyone know in the Logitech DB where to find the code to power up/down the clock, that is what is missing.

Just sharing the list of dCS devices now supported by Logitech harmony (Logitech sent it to me). As you can see, no clock is supported. I just wanted to use the remote to put the clock in/out of sleep and control screen brightness to eventually check on the settings.

As far as I understand, not even the supplied remote support these controls. Am I right?

DCS Verdi Encore CDPlayer
DCS Verdi CDPlayer
DCS Scarlatti Upsampler AudioVideoSwitch
DCS Scarlatti Upsampler AudioVideoSwitch
DCS Scarlatti DAC Amplifier
DCS Scarlantti Transport CDPlayer
DCS Rossini Player MiniSystemCDRadioCassette
DCS Rossini DAC Amplifier
DCS Rossini DAC Amplifier
DCS Rossini DAC DigitalMusicServer
DCS Rossini DAC DigitalMusicServer
DCS Purcell StereoReceiver
DCS Purcell AudioVideoSwitch
DCS Purcell AudioVideoSwitch
DCS PUCCINI CDPlayer
DCS PAGANINI CDPlayer Public
DCS P8i CDPlayer
DCS Elgar StereoReceiver
DCS Delius AudioVideoSwitch
DCS Delius Amplifier

It took a while, but now I’m starting to remember why Logitech doesn’t list the clocks in their database. They have no concept of what a clock is. You note that Upsamplers are classified as A/V switches and that’s because no better match to their component types that could be found at the time.

The clock is an interesting animal as it’s best not to put it to sleep as it will take a bit of time to stabilize its output after being woken up. Mine only gets powered off (and unplugged) during electrical storms.

Since you have a dialog open with them you might try sending them our control code document and see if they’re willing to add the clock as something. The problem is that its function doesn’t mesh with their standard concept of activities and inputs.

Here’s a link to the remote codes document if you don’t have it already:

Thanks. I had already sent to them. But given your info that’s best not to sleep it, I think I am dropping my case. I initially thought the sleep function would not interfere with the performance.

Since I got the Vivaldi stack, I have been searching for a remote solution to turn the clock display on and off. Finally I got it, via an Arduino project.

I was able to emulate the remote code on an Arduino, blast it to the clock (using an IR Blaster module), and then teach the code to my Logitech Harmony.

For those who may be interested, the total cost is about $10, and the sketch is as follows (it is based on the IR-Remote-Master library).

The remote code here is F07, that will toggle the display on and off. It works for each command of the clock. You just have to swap the 07 for the last 2 digits of the remote code that dCS publishes.

Hope it helps those interested.

/*
 * IRremote: IRsendDemo - demonstrates sending IR codes with IRsend
 * An IR LED must be connected to Arduino PWM pin 3.
 * Version 0.1 July, 2009
 * Copyright 2009 Ken Shirriff
 * http://arcfn.com
 */

#include <IRremote.h>

IRsend irsend;

void setup()
{
}

void loop() {
	for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
		irsend.sendRC5(0xF07, 12);