dCS Apex series is here

I’ve never heard of the outfit I mentioned, so not sure where they’re at. It’s just what my dealer told me. He’d provide a label for shipping. He was reaching out to all his dCS clients to tell them about the forthcoming update.

I don’t use the Cantata app. I don’t even use Mosaic except to manage the Bartok. I use Roon.

I would have a hard time parting with the Cantata (I have the amp too). I still need a silver disc spinner and I figured I’d use it until the player dies. No idea what they’re worth second hand. I have a dream of someday building a second efficient speaker system around it.

As @James just wrote:

• We’ve managed to keep product lead times stable, and maintain continuous research and development, but this has come at an added cost, and our price increases effective Feb 1st mirror this additional expense.

• We do have an announcement to make later in February.

Could be Goodwin’s in Boston

James has little concrete information. It reminds me of politicians saying: we are very deeply concerned… Let’s wait

Sweetie darling - he works for dCS.

Most likely. John Quick, head of dCS America, is located near Boston. I believe a while back dCS contracted a service center near Boston with a dedicated technician.

Did you miss the announcement that John Quick and two others were let go by dCS. With the way this seems to be going that was the first of dCS’s missteps over the past couple of months.

I, and other US based dCS friends, are just finding out about this now. I just started a thread as there has been no information about this on the forum. Was it mentioned on this forum? If so I will remove my thread.

Rather disappointing news to say the least!!!

As per today, the new dCS price list of my OP has been confirmed:

dcs-pricelist010222.pdf (121.5 KB)

I think the loss of the US dCS people was noted in passing, somewhere on this forum. I don’t remember it being discussed. What I do remember though, is thinking that it ought to have been mentioned in David Steven’s end of year message (which can be found on the dCS website, and probably on this forum).

no upgrade available for existing systems?

We have to wait for the announcement of dCS later this month.

1 Like

Where was this announcement?

So do we know what Apex is, from the horse’s mouth?

That is what I said - and why I started a new thread on the topic.

Best
Gregg

I checked today at 14h05 on the Moremusic.nl website and it was still the july 2021 pricelist to be seen.

Anyway, I guess that the pricelist you got shall show up very soon. However I am surprised, even concerned, that there is no upgrade pricing…It would be sad if no Apex upgrade is possible…I suppose Apex is a nice improvment, we see that later this month…

Is working for the Dcs supposed to be less humane to its clients? Today, February 1, the new price list next to Vivaldi says Apex. Does anyone know what that is? Why is the information coming later? If I order a Vivaldi DAC today will someone tell me what Apex is? Will I be able to listen to something I have to pay 25% more for? Lots of questions, no answers. It’s not a question of who works for whom, it’s that from a strategic point of view, this price increase situation is completely ill-conceived and unprepared. Yes, around the world prices have crept up on many products. Transparency and cooperation with the customer. No customers, no Dcs. I have no beef with James. He is probably following in the footsteps of how Dcs management sees the relationship with their clients. You have to take special care of your clients, especially the regular ones. I do exactly that.

15h17 update…still no new pricelist…but the old one has been removed…the bad news are coming slowly…it is like a doctor paying attention to the mental wellness of his patient :laughing:

2 Likes

A key takeaway is their continued commitment to allow the embedded base of product the ability to upgrade. Existing base is not end of life. So you get a new Rossini DAC for only 8,500. Pretty sweet.