Correct connections between Vivaldi dac and Vivaldi upsampler?

Hi.
I own a Vivaldi Dac ( rel.2.0 ) and Vivaldi upsampler ( rel.1.0). Now they are connected in this way: Dac worldclock OUT to worldclock IN1 of the upsampler. Dac displays AES1+2 and A. Upsampler displays USB1 and M. In addition the Oyaide cable used between the two must have a particular direction indicated by the arrows on it ?
Thanks for answer.

You’ll want to change the Sync Mode setting on the Upsampler to W1 so that it accepts the clock from the DAC, and make sure that the Sync Mode setting on the DAC is set to Universal Master (an M with a globe behind it). You need to do this for each individual source if you’re using more than one.

Which sources are you using into the system?

For the audio connection between the two units, are you using AES1+2 (with 2x XLR leads)?

Thanks James. I am using files stored to an external HD. Mac mini is the computer + the new Audirvana 3.5.
Yes I am using AES1+2 with 2x XLR leads by Shuniata.
I have to respect the arrows indicated on Oyaide?

I have in mind to upgrade the hardware on the upsampler to benefit loading files from Tidal o similar.
Best

In that case, you will want to make sure that you select the correct input (USB?) for the Upsampler, then go to the Menu and select Settings, set Sync Mode to W1 and Dual AES to Yes (the tick).

In the DAC settings, go to the Menu and select DAC settings. As before make sure the Sync Mode Is set to Universal Master Mode, then change whichever Dual AES ports the Upsampler is connected to (either 1+2 or 3+4) to Auto.

For the direction arrows on your cables, some manufacturers put these on to indicate the data flow direction when the cables are burned in, or to indicate the grain of the core material from the manufacturing process. You don’t have to connect them this way, but it can’t hurt; I think I would arrange them correctly for aesthetic if nothing else!
Data flow for the clock cable goes from the DAC to the Upsampler, and for the audio cables goes from the Upsampler to the DAC, so you can connect them with the arrows facing this way.

Very Helpfull James. Indeed. Thanks