Color choice - Silver or Black?

• Silver
  • Black

0 voters

Greetings,

I poked around the forum and didn’t find a discussion about color favorites.

What color do you prefer? Silver or Black?

Thanks!

Both. [I notice your poll doesn’t actually require a choice, as it allows for both to be selected.]

4 Likes

The scores being equal with 3 voters broke my brain for a minute! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just tried to edit the poll choices but they aren’t editable after five minutes of posting.

I don’t know who that is, but they look awesome. Halloween?

1 Like

Raider football fan. It’s a thing from their Oakland heritage.

1 Like

Ahhh!!! I laughed out loud when I read your response. I am the worst American, I don’t follow football and it didn’t cross my mind…duh. Thanks for the laugh.

1 Like

FWIW, I chose silver for my Vivaldi stack. Shows off the Vivaldi curves better to my eye. It also depends on the cabinetry and any other components that are in the rack first. For my MSB, I chose black for the DAC and power supply, but silver for the transport. When I had PS Audio, the amps and preamps were black while the DAC and transport were silver.

3 Likes

I didn’t buy all of my dCS kit, or my power and pre-amps, at once. They replaced items from another manufacturer that were black, because that was the only finish offered (but an attractive shiny black). At each new purchase I chose black because it more or less fitted in with what I already had. End result: an all black system when I much prefer an aluminium/silver finish. And the dCS black is matt and reminds me of a school blackboard.

If I knew where I was going to end up on this audio journey I might have chosen differently, but how many of us really do know?

2 Likes

I have a black Bartók that came to me through a circuitous path. It was new and never used. It wasn’t my first choice of colour but you have to make lemonade from lemons as the old saying goes. That said my whole system is silver. I just booked my APEX upgrade and I was able to negotiate a trade with the dealer for a silver APEX unit when it comes back from upgrade. Happy camper today!

1 Like

That’s awesome!

I voted for Black and Silver too.

Bartok: black.
Rossini and Vivaldi: silver.

2 Likes

For me, once you get them lovely, sculptured fronts, silver looks best, as it highlights them much better.
Plus, i dont like the black with the silver buttons much

4 Likes

Silver! Definitely showcases the dCS industrial design better. Love the matte, slightly textured feel.

1 Like

Hi, I’m entering this debate behind the pack but my Vivaldi Upsampler and Clock are silver because they are ex-dem ((with all the obvious advantages there). It’s not exactly harmonious with the rest of a mainly black in graphite Meridian system but, as the majority of correspondents have confirmed, the styling is more awesome in silver. But whichever finish, enjoy the amazing sound!

1 Like

As a work of art, the silver Vivaldi does look pretty impressive. The same can’t be said of all Hi-Fi gear.

That said, my preference for black relates to the fact I don’t want it to become the focal point in the room (and that it doesn’t look out of place next to my Meridian speakers).

1 Like

Even though my Momentum amps and pre are black and copper I still went with the silver Vivaldi because it shows the lines better than the black IMO.

1 Like

Black, because all my pro gear is in black (even the speakers) and black matches better with my gold anodized Accuphase fronts.

1 Like

My Viv One Apex was silver, my only option. Fine with me. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You can special order the Vivaldi One with special paint. I have seen one with the unit and clock in white.

That colour choice was only available for the otiginal limited edition of Vivaldi One which has been exhausted. dCS has made available another small run of Vivaldi One Apex but those finish options (gloss black or white or gold) are not. How many pf the run are left is not known.