Color choice - Silver or Black?

Welcome to the forum @eppis1 !!!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m enjoying a DCS inspired audio renaissance.

2 Likes

Dcs all silver satin . Pre amp and phono pre amp brushed silver. Oppo , power conditioner, tt speed control, crossovers, rubidium clock , black. Turntable bright silver with black and amps black with satin silver trim. Fortunately my ears dont care…. Ahh… the elephant in the room … front stereo speakers sliver, center, surround and refrigerator sized sub all black with black feet.

4 Likes

This was to be a response which I subsequently found I had made earlier in this thread. However as I reported earlier I can no longer delete my posts as the previous ability to do do when “Close” was selected has been taken away. @James please note.

1 Like

To me it depends on the item!
NWB - The small form looks better in silver.
Bartok - i had one in silver but now have one in black. I think black works best as the case is just a big plain rectangle and the black makes it less intrusive.
Rossini / Vivaldi - with the sculpted faceplates, i think the silver highlights this better.

4 Likes

I started out with a black Bartok and black Rossini clock because that is what a friend had to sell me. I have since traded the black Bartok for a silver Rossini Apex because silver is what was available used at a great price. The silver definitely shows the design features best. However, my Simaudio 700i integrated amp is black and silver, so the black and silver of the Rossini dac and clock look pretty good next to each other.

Thanks to @jandersonhill for telling me how to post a pic! :clap:t2:

5 Likes

In the message box at the bottom of the screen when replying, look for this icon in the middle of the toolbar (above your reply):

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 01.03.19

It’ll ask you which file you want to upload and paste it into your message :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have Simaudio B&W too, it looks good, it sounds good :wink:

5 Likes

Black all the way for me…

3 Likes