Cannot detect external HD

Hello. I’ve just done the latest software update and after rebooting my Rossini Dac, the unit is no longer able to detect the external HD, which was connected to the dac via USB2 (it worked fine before the software update). I’ve tried to disconnect and reconnect the HD and reboot the dac several times to no avail. Can you please help? Thanks. F.

Bump bump. Can anybody please reply? Thanks.

Hi Franco,

I hope @Phil can help you!

1 Like

Best to email phil at [email protected]

1 Like

Hi Franco,

Sorry for the delay - just had this flagged to me …

Can you tell me exactly what the make, model and capacity of the USB device you are using is?

If you put audio files onto a FAT32 formatted <32GB solid state USB pen/flash drive then does the unit “see” those files?

Phil

1 Like

Hello Phil. The HD is a WD 1TB My Passport SSD, USB-C, 1T (https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B08F27QGHX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1)

Yes the device can read a USB flashdrive. Also the external HD has always worked before the last software update.

Thanks
Franco

The USB port is intended for use with USB pendrives / flashdrives and it sounds like the drive is right at the limit of what the Rossini can support - I can only suggest that you try a powered USB hub and see if that helps.

The USB port is not ideal for hanging large quantities of music on as obviously you will only have folder and file browsing - I would certainly recommend using a UPnP server if you you have a reasonable collection of music as that would allow for much more flexible access.

Best Regards

Phil

1 Like

Thanks Phil.