Bartok suddenly turns itself On

Nothing in 503 that addresses this issue. In fact we used a beta of 503 to isolate the problem.

@Andrew can you elaborate on what this issue is about, and tell us what fix hopefully is coming? And when?

It’s a bug in an administrative process that has nothing to do with playback.

We plan to address this in the next release of Mosaic and will likely have a follow-on to that in the next release of the Bartok FPGA firmware.

Thanks @Andrew , I look forward to it, and certainly to what the next FPGA update of Bartok will contain, apart from this fix.

I hope it will not take a long time to fix this bug, since I find it very annoying, and should not happen in the first place in a product, certainly not one by dCS, like the Bartok.

1 Like

Thanks to all at dCS and Happy New Year.

1 Like

I’m curious why only some users see this issue. What is it about the network environment that causes it? Just being curious that’s all :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Andrew any idea when this bug will get fixed?

We are now 6 months later, and the Bartók auto turn on still happens every now and then, very annoying.

Same issue here, never really went away totally. Kinda used to it, turn it off.

Hello,
as if someone forgot about DCS Bartók owners. For me it is troublesome, because I can’t see if Bartók automatically turned on and instead of turning it on, I turn it off and get irritated why I can’t hear music. I am asking for this fix.
Regards Robert

This required a two-part fix. The FPGA side was done in the 1.01 update to the main board. The Mosaic side will be issued in the next release (1.1.1) which is due out relatively soon.

Relatively soon to another 6 months?

Dear dCS,

Andrew is helping me out in a network connectivity issue but one of his suggestions might have the solution;

As per his comments, I disabled ‘Discover Device’ from my modem/router.
Since this has happened (one week and counting), the Bartok has not turned itself on… so far.

Regards

1 Like

I’ve had this happen a few times too. The last time I believe I found what was causing it. The unit was in “Standby” and there was a slight disturbance to the mains supply. Not enough to loose power entirely, just enough to cause lights to flicker etc. The Bartok switched itself on straight after this.
Hope this helps.
Regards.

@Munchoba I am curious to hear if your suggestion did help you. After 20 months the issue is still not resolved for my Bartók.

Reading through the thread back in December 2019 Andrew said:

That wording was not referring to Mosaic v.1.1.0 as that was released on 17th December. Andrew refers again to a forthcoming Mosaic release (v.1.1.1) as the other half of the fix back in May 2020.

Given that this and connectivity issues with Bartok seem to be the most common subject on this forum which, no doubt, represent only a sample of the issues arising overall, should one have anticipated a higher priority? However I suppose one can imagine that plans could have gone awry due to the impact of covid irrespective of any unexpected technical issues that may have had to be solved.

Hi, still unresolved but quite sporadic. When I wake up in the morning to make coffee, and see the Bartok has woken up on its own, I don’t think twice anymore. I just turn it off and go on with life. Basically learned to live with it.
Thx

This issue holds me back from upgrading to a Rossini, with the same issue.

It is personal choice whether or not to leave a system switched on 24/7, unless of course there is a storm, or you’re away for a long period of time.
I leave my Naim amplification on all the time, as this is the advice given from Naim. My dCS Bridge which I have on load until my Bartók arrives, is left on 24/7. So is my Matrix Audio DAC. Should I not be doing this?

I have searched the dCS Community and can’t find any advice on this matter. I’m assuming that people who are experiencing this ‘Wake Up’ issue, put their dCS product in ‘Standby’ mode.

@Merlot52 Hi David, when switching to sleep mode (standby), the main display will turn off, the LED beside the Power Button will illuminate and the outputs will be muted, but the unit will remain close to running temperature.

The wake up issue is happening when in sleep mode.

Hi there Erno…Is it detrimental for the unit to be left switched on 24/7? Perhaps shorten the life of the screen?

Do you leave you amps on 24/7?