Bartok Apex Upgrade

I remember that dCS waited to ugrade the Bartok to 2.0 after the Rossini Apex was introduced, this to maintain a certain performance difference between the two, maybe they changed their mind and are happy now to upgrade the bartok to a “simular” level as the Rossini apex. Or is there a new software upgrade coming for the Rossini Apex, haha :slight_smile:

More banter coming

1 Like

Acknowledging that there are many dedicated fans of dCS on this forum and this very thread (regrettably I must somewhat exclude myself), it is my personal thinking that dCS might play a smarter hand by concentrating on its somewhat captive “home audience” first.
Because:
Home audience provides safer and more understanding pilot ground for new product/service.
Rewards loyal followers with a degree of advance information.
Stops repeat and unsuccessful requests of dealers about a half hidden launch.
Treats customers spending larger sums on first world products like adults…
…just saying… :shushing_face:

Hey we haven’t even touched on people like myself, that got the Rossini (non-Apex) right after the Apex upgrade price increased :upside_down_face: And would, if the rumors are true, have to pay more than Bartok owners to get their Rossini to the level of the new Bartok Apex, essentially making it cheaper to just turn get rid of it and get a Bartok Apex.
While this might end up being the case, for a company as careful as dCS, this makes little sense. Banter’s fun though

Word on the street is that the apex board for the bartok differs from that found on Rossini and vivaldi so it’s quite possible a performance gap will remain

And likely not just because of any differences on that board — the sound quality differences between Bartok and Rossini (non-Apex) were already obvious in my system, even when both were on 2.0 firmware.

1 Like

Just for fun (sarcasm button pressed)

So I can look forward to Lina 2.0 then APEX :grinning:

I’ve got Lina DAC and clock in my 2ch

2 Likes

you are right, many people think or hope that when buying an entry level product they can eventually get the benefits of highest end product simply by one or two upgrades…Free upgrades it is even better…
Unfortunately it never happens like that…You can upgrade a Bartok a couple of time before it sounds like a Vivaldi…The best route to improuve the sound of your stereo is buying better conponents, the uprgrades are refinement not new products…

2 Likes

Bartok will never be Rossini, nor will Rossini ever be Vivaldi.

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. I think my ‘upgrade’ is pretty convincing :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I hope you are satisfied with the sound quality. :smiley:

1 Like

*after the upgrade :crazy_face:

It’s unbelievable… I should try it on a Sonos speaker and see whether it works there too!

I’ll have to try it with my Rossini :wink:

1 Like

How much did that upgrade cost and what was the turnaround time?!?

2 Likes

The sound quality/price ratio is exceptional, not everyone can say that :wink:

1 Like

Luckily I had some of the magic paper on hand, so it only took about a minute. It’s completely reversible too!

:rofl: The answer to unobtanium!

1 Like

Awesome. Did you do any blind A/B testing?

Are you a fan of the late Peter Belt’s products, by any chance?

(For anyone who doesn’t get this joke, please have a look at his company PWB Electronic’s website, which offers an, ahem, esoteric range of products, including “quantum labels” for hifi components. It’s like entering a parallel universe. In fact, he probably offers products that purport to take your system into a parallel universe.)

2 Likes

I trust that you are wearing your safety pin and have drunk the correct polarity of water today?

1 Like