Any one using vitus amplifiers?

What naim amp’s have you got?
You will certainly get a very nice up lift in sound quality by removing that naim pre amp that’s for certain, as everyone that has tried it has found the same.
Amp’s well that’s a slightly different one, i probably would have kept my 500dr and just gone directly into if i didn’t need more inputs.
But i have to say the vitus is a better amp, it controls the speaker much better in the bass and has a much different sound stage, plus it has a better noise floor. But i did like the way it sounded with the 500, and said could have easily lived with it.
The first question i guess you really have is, do you need that turntable?
Then can i just get away with my naim amp / amp’s? Or do i want fully balanced, and a different sound?

But whatever you choose it will be better just by removing that naim pre amp.

1 Like

300dr.

Will see if I can live without the pre.

I have changed my speakers this year from Harbeth SHL5 to Vienna acoustics Beethoven concert grand reference. I have found the bass needed better control then the 300 can offer.

And also after almost 20 years of Naim, the itch in broadening the horizon is very high. lol

1 Like

Well i have cables you can borrow if you want to try the 300dr direct.
But you will find you can get better bass control with a better amp as i certainly found that to be the case when i went with the vitus over my 500dr

Made up my mind and take the plunge…… but not vitus.

Bought the new Naim 350 monoblocs instead, to be driven directly by Rossini Apex.

What’s more…. On Naim forum, what’s wrong with that guy………

Should work well together especially now that they have true balanced connections. Did you try it or just going in blind?
I take it you mean crazyriver on the naim forum? Some off the guy’s on there are just total twats, they can’t stand to read about anything else, especially if they read that it’s better. I feel that they are very in secure off their purchases.
They try to get you to bite and say something that will then get the thread deleted just like my 552 one was, very sad really as we all know the 552 isn’t anything special these day’s and the new pre amp’s are certainly showing it.

2 Likes

I did try with skipping the 252& feeding the Rossini apex direct to my 300DR and I like it.

So I traded my old naim stack for the new monoblocs as I can live with just one source - Roon.

Crazyriver yes. Hifi is more art than science and highly dependent on personal preferences. There’s no definitive answer. forum is a place to share ideas and discuss experiences. Guess you are right too about defending own purchases, especially at 500 levels prices are exorbitant. but again no need to bite other ppl’s head off when they hold opposing views

3 Likes

Everyone i know that has tried bypassing the naim pre amps have found the same outcome. They just don’t let everything through that the dCS dacs can give.
I was completely shocked at what the 552dr was doing, no point in really having a dCS dac if you are going to use it.
Will certainly be interested to hear how you get on with the new 350’s as i haven’t heard them yet, but they certainly look to be the star off what come out off naim so far, and hopefully will work well with your combo.

2 Likes

You can always have my back on the naim site if you can, as they do like to try bullying you on there, and any backup is welcome.
Lol

2 Likes