Album Art Missing of USB2 DSF Files in Mosaic

Hello,

The album art of the dsf file in the external storage connected via usb2 is not visible in the Mosaic app. Displaying album art of all pcm files works normally.

I named the album art file “Cover.jpg” and designated it as Front Cover.

I would be very grateful if you could tell me how to solve it.

Thanks,
SM

I really need to know which dCS product you are using. I can only guess that you are referring to one of the Rossini DACs. Is this correct?

If I am right then I would advise that USB2 input is only configured for use with USB flash drives. Please see page 19 of the manual. This mode will not provide a fully featured user experience including artwork display or full searching facilities as it is not technically feasible with this storage.

I would suggest that you transfer those files to other storage such as NAS with network connection (preferred, see page 11 of the manual) or a USB HDD/SSD drive with Win 10 or mac plus music playing software using USB 1 input.

1 Like

Hi Pete,

I am using Rossini DAC Apex.

I understand your explanation, and I’ll have to consider doing
what you suggested.

Thanks,
SM

Hi SeongMin,

Thank you for your query - unless the album art is actually included in the file tag then it won’t be displayed…

But as Pete has already stated - for any sizeable collections of music we really would suggest using a UPnP server. The USB A “input” is really intended for use with small USB flash/pen drives and only offers folder and file browsing - a UPnP server will use the data from the tags in the files to provide a much richer browsing experience.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Phil Harris

Hi Phil,

I think I have set my album art correctly in the file tag. This is because I confirmed that the album art of the dfs file is displayed properly in another DAC (HifiRose RS150).

I am using Crucial X6 portable 1TB SSD.

Anyway, thanks for your explanation of the UPNP server, I’ll consider using it.

Thanks,
SM

Hi SeongMin,

If you would like to pop one / a few of the files over to me ([email protected]) using something like SendThisFile or a Dropbox / OneDrive link then I’m happy to take a look and see if I can see what’s going on…

BR

Phil

1 Like

Hi Phil,

I sent a email to you for file link…

Thanks,
SM

Hi SeongMin,

I haven’t had that email through yet…

If you have a link then you can send it to me in a private message on here or try again to [email protected] again or to [email protected]

BR

Phil

1 Like

Hi Phil,

I resent a email to 2 email accounts in your last comment.
Pls, check~

Thanks,
SM

Hi SeongMin,

I can see I’ve had one email through on my dCS email overnight - I’ll take a look at it next week when I’m back at my desk (I’m on holiday this week).

BR

Phil

Hi SeongMin,

I’m back “in the office” now so I’ll take a look at your email later today…

BR

Phil

Hi Phil,

I re-emailed the dsf file download link yesterday~
Pls, Check~~

SeongMin

Hi,

Still nothing I’m afraid…

How about trying OneDrive or iCloud or DropBox or something like that?

BR

Phil

WeTransfer is excellent (and easy to set up) for this kind of thing too.

(Sent in the spirit of helping, not to diss the other options!)

Hi Ben,

Absolutely - WeTransfer is great too! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I sent dsf files by WeTransfer.

Thanks,

SM

Thanks SeongMin … I have the files and will take a look at them ASAP.

P

1 Like