Adding stillpoints

As I use my Iso-Pucks between speaker stand and speaker I haven’t go an answer to your question formed from experience . If it were me I would place them close to the existing feet. You can experiment from that starting point to see whether other positions make a change but, whatever, ensure that they support the base of the Bartok and not just the bottom edges of the side panels.

1 Like

Thanks Peter.

Or remove the standard feet and place the new ones in the same place, thats what i have done, looks neater that way i think

1 Like

Thanks Duncan :pray:. Is it difficult?

Easy
The outer part off the feet unscrew, just turn them and leave behind a base plate that you just un screw the fixing bolt and remove

Hi guys, I’ve just received a set of ISO-pucks (the pro line) and they don’t sound good at all below my Bartok. Could there be a difference between these and the audio series? Thanks.

Sorry can’t help, i used the iso acoustic orea range, and like what they do

How have you placed them under the unit?
What has changed in the sound, that you dont like now?

Maybe go back to standard and try, see if all comes back, then place the pucks under the standard feet and see how it goes, if you like then, i suggest you remove the standard feet and place the pucks in exactly the same place and see if you like that, as they do suggest that you can experiment on placement.
If not then send them back

Franco,
On the Iso Acoustic website (https://isoacoustics.com/iso-puck-series/), it says that the Iso-puck pro is for studio monitors, guitar/bass amps and subwoofers. So, if these are really made for speakers, I don’t think they would sound good for components.
I would try the Orea instead.

Franco did you stay with these, or move on?

1 Like

Hi Andy. No they didn’t sound well in my system so they are up for sale now.

2 Likes

I’ve finally purchased four Orea’s which I’ve placed under my Bartok and Rossini Clock. Very, very pleased with the end result. Quite an improvement in SQ and I’m now planning to purchase a new set to place under my preamp. I can confirm that these are completely different from Pro Isopucks.

2 Likes

Hi Franco

I am considering trying these

where did you place them, under the existing feet or the chassis?

and are they under the clock which is under the Bartok?

cheers

1 Like

Hi Andy. I’ve purchased four indigo feet which I’ve placed under the chassis of the Rossini Clock. In my current system the Bartok sits on top of the Rossini Clock on its own feet. IMO there is an immediately perceptible difference in terms of better separation and clarity. Worth the price.

1 Like

Just installed IsoAcoustics Orea under my Rossini DAC (Indigo) and Clock (Bronze) with easily discernible improvement in SQ (especially bass).

Edit: After several (> 12) hours of critical listening, my ears are hearing marked improvements across the entire spectrum.
I’m very pleased that such a (relatively) modest investment has made such a big difference in my system.

3 Likes

Just got round to purchasing these, which I have placed under the Bartok

I am very pleased with the result with similar findings to

and

Having been a little skeptical this goes to show not every hifi tweak is snake oil :slight_smile:

Not only will they be staying, I have just ordered another set for under the preamp

4 Likes

Hi guys, I am going to order Orea Indigo for my Bartok. Should I get 3 or 4? Weight is not a concern here, as 3 Indigo are more than sufficient to support Bartok. I am more concerned about sound quality. I am currently using 3 Ayre wood blocks that my dealer gave me, so not sure if 3 is the magic number or 3 only works fine with solid wood blocks. Thanks!

Did you remove your existing feet or just put the pucks under the feet?

1 Like

I have 4 Oreas under my Rossini…didn’t find it better/worse vs 3.

1 Like

I put the Oreas under the feet of the Rossini & clock. It looked a tad strange initially, but I’m used to it now…
I’m certainly pleased with what I’m hearing.

1 Like