Would I benefit by adding a master clock to my Bartok

Erno, just considering Bartók HP and network sources only, would you still consider the Rossini clock as a worthwhile addition, notwithstanding any future upgrades beyond that?

Hi Andre,

Very much so. I remember my Bartók, without and with the Rossini clock. Once with the clock, switching it off during music play, the complete soundstage collapsed. I would not want to be without it anymore.

2 Likes

I agree with Erno — I was enjoying a Rossini Clock with my Bartok last night. Big difference to my ears. If you spot your money looking at a Clock funny, don’t do toooooo much to dissuade it :slight_smile:

BUT…I think some of us are more sensitive to clocking than others, and some would prefer a DAC upgrade. I’m in the “Clock” camp, though. Or the “Both” camp, if possible!

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying a clock with my Bartok at some point so I find these observations very interesting and useful.

1 Like

As a recent purchaser of a Bartok, I too can vouch for the addition of a clock. I’ve added a Vivaldi clock (it can up in an auction), and have to say the SQ difference between with and without is very obvious to my ears.

3 Likes

As others have said before me, much of the difference with the clock is heard in the acoustics of the room the recording was made, but there is also a noticeable improvement (I feel) in the SQ.

While I never got to listen to my Bartok with the clock, it makes a profound difference to my Rossini and I have little doubt the same applies to the Bartok too. My dealer suggested this would be their first upgrade before moving to the Rossini.

I’d go for it, but there’s no harm in getting a demo first!

3 Likes

Agree with Jeremy and the other assessments here. When I demo’ed Bartok, a Rossini clock added to the Bartok made an audible difference. But not as much as a Rossini itself, let alone with the Clock.

3 Likes