Wilson Audio Alexia V Loudspeakers

Ive seen wilson spray booth and havent seen a conductor attached to the substrate but i may have missed it

I was in the vicinity of my dealer, so decided to drop in.

As it happened, he had Alexia V’s (in gorgeous cranberry pearl), driven by CH L10 Pre & M10 monoblocks, already set up in one of the demo rooms…

I was instantly hooked, completely mesmerised by what I was hearing…
so I placed an order*!

Luckily (for my bank balance), the only Alexia V’s in the dealer’s stock are in Galaxy Grey (as are my current SabrinaX’s).

Much as though I love the cranberry pearl finish, the price hike is substantial, thus hard to justify to myself.
To my mind, the price differential would be a better investment as a component, viz my new Gryphon Essence Pre & Stereo amp, which are being installed tomorrow (hurrah!)

Happy days! :blush:

• ‘only’ for the Alexia V’s. Whilst the CH gear was mightily impressive, they’re way over my budget!
7 Likes

Wow! Amazing, ‘straight out of the box(es)’…

I’m looking forward to hearing how the sound develops during the burn-in period!
:blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

Congrats Jonathan, and enjoy! These Gryphons are on my Christmas wish list :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, I’m certain that I will.

Based on what I’ve heard so far, they should drive the Alexia V’s (arriving next week) beautifully!

If you decide to have a demo, I would be very surprised if you’re underwhelmed!

My dealer left about 30 minutes ago…

To say that I’m happy with what I’m hearing would be a massive understatement!
:blush: :blush: :blush:

I’m telling myself that this is the proverbial ‘end game’…

other than upgrading the power cords!

12 Likes

Hey Jonathan… fabulous speakers, just beautiful. Assuming your dealer set them up; How far are the front speaker baffles from the wall behind them?
Enjoy,
Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you Robert.

Yup, they’re absolutely stunning, from both a sonic and design/craftsmanship perspective.

My dealer did indeed set them up (it took over 3 hours!)

The answer is 5 feet, with the front baffle being precisely 8 feet from my ears (whilst seated in my listening position).

The ‘W.A.S.P.’ (Wilson Audio Setup Procedure) is both time consuming and laborious, especially as the Alexia V’s weigh 120kg, each!!!

However, the results (in my room) are spectacular to my ears! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the beautiful music!

1 Like

Thanks, I certainly am!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Glad you’re so pleased with your results. I’m getting my Alexia Vs on June 2nd. I had already bought a Loke sub for use with my DAWs. Overkill with the Alexia Vs, but I’ve decided to keep it anyway so will be interesting to see the dealer grapple with set up :slight_smile: My Alexia’s will have to be closer to the back wall than yours owing to inevitable room geometry (!) so hope that’s ok. We’ll see I guess.

1 Like

Congratulations!

I hope that you’ll be as pleased as I am with the HUGE uplift in my system’s performance!

Out of interest, what components will you be using to drive the Alexia V’s?

Rossini Apex/clock with Constellation Inspiration pre and power and Transparent Ref cabling. Had the DAWs for about 4 years and been very satisfied. The Loke sub really enhanced the DAWs. I’ve heard the Alexia Vs on numerous occasions and have been very impressed! My concern is my limited room size which is 22x13 ft and I am firing across with DAWs 9 feet apart and 9 feet from listening position so hope that will give Alexias enough space. I sent a pic to Wilson and they tell me it should be fine so we’ll see.

2 Likes

That’s a great system, which should be fantastic with the Alexia V’s!

My room is not as large as yours so, as you (and Wilson) say), it should be fine.

My listening position is only 8 feet from the front baffles, so the only issue I have is when it gets too loud! A nice ‘problem’ to have! :blush:

: )

4 Likes

Hello David,

I hope that you are you enjoying your Alexia V’s.

What was the result of the W.A.S.P. viz the challenging geometry of your room?

Hi Jonathan, we pretty much set them up by WASP in the room and then Jim Smith made some very minor refinements. We added two LoKe subs to the mix and found that they sounded best firing into the corners of the room.

The sound is really spectacular now. I am super happy with how things turned out.

2 Likes

Hello David, I notice that you are using Transparent cables. How do you find it? Did you compare it to other brands before buying? I have a combination of Chord cables (Sarum/Music) in my Rossini DAC/Vivaldi clock/D’Agostino system but am considering a change and am interested in Transparent.

1 Like

Hi Andrew - yes for me it was a big step up. I was dubious of the cost and mystique associated with the brand but can’t deny the sound in my system.

1 Like

The Alexia Vs work well in pretty much the same spots as the Sasha DAWs. Installation was done by the UK distributer.

2 Likes