i have a rossini and a clock.
i was just curious and wondering why do dcs designs prefer an external clock and a internal power supply
- in simple terms, it can be argued that an external linear power supply can reduce a lot of noise if you move away a giant transformer far away from those digital circuits
- all high end products like ch precision, pass labs , simaudio , nagra etc have an external power supply strategy for their digital front ends and some for preamp and power amps too
- coming to an internal clock while i have no idea about this but a customer definitely can save on 3 high end cables ( 2 digital and 1 power cable )
- on a serious note what cud be the inhibiting factor to build a clock outside but a. power supply inside?
- and dcs is anyways about multi box strategy on their lines then why not think about an external power supply where conventionally so much gains in SQ and noise reduction are made.
would love to hear some thoughts around this.