Which power cord?

I’ve never added a power cord to any of my systems over the year and have just used those supplied by the manufacturer

I read in the instructions for my Bartok that the cables supplied in the box are consumer grade and not audiophile quality as DCS recognise many customers will choose to change these for their own preferred brand or model

I’d be interested to know what other users have chosen for their Bartoks (or other DCS models) and any impressions of the effects these have had on performance?

Thanks for sharing any knowledge, experiences or info

There are a few topics here about power cables that might interest you:

That’s great, thank you, I’ll have a read over these

1 Like

I just upgraded my system with the new Synergistic Research Level 3 SX Euphoria power cords and it was a jaw dropping experience. Purchased one for Rossini DAC huge improvement…then put another one on my streamer was a surprising further step up I did not expect. Purchased the HC versions of these new cords for my amps. I have been experimenting with many PC’s during past 2 years including Shunyata Sigma V2 which is also an excellent cord but the new SR’s are killer far outpacing the previous SR Euphoria X and best yet in my system to the point I am no longer searching for PC’s (what a time saver)!
For the clock I am using Shunyata Alpha V2 I preferred this over the Sigma V2 for the clock only position although I have not yet tried the SX here. PC’s do get expensive but I have found tuning each piece of gear with with PC’s makes a big improvement in SQ I consider them as important as interconnects and speaker cables in my system.

2 Likes

And forgot to mention power conditioning is where it begins the grunge starts at the wall I have my SX cords plugged into a Shunyata Triton v3.

1 Like

I’m using Acrolink power cables throughout my system. The build quality is second to none and they sound great.

2 Likes

Hi Chris, since i try the diference in quality power cables there were no turning back. I use Nordost in all my system. Power cords i use Tyr2 from the wall to the Qbase 8 and then all the system with Nordost Heimdall 2 and it sounds great!! Also important is the quality of the energy from the grid, in my case is good. Give a try to Nordost, its impressive the diference.

Nordost Valhalla 2…. Wow is all I will say. Highly recommended

Have had success with acoustic zen gargantua. Great performer for the price

3 Likes

Hi @chris5 , actually I’m going to do an post about cables because I’m thinking to up-grade. For now i use the Nordost Tyr2 to the Q8 from Nordost and then all Nordost Heimdal 2 and i really fell the improvement wen change the main power cable from Heimdal 2 to the Tyr2. All my system is Nordost and im a big fan but I’ve been reading great news about the Shunyata Omega XC and with the Everest 8000, so i wanna see the opinions from someone that have tried. The cables that one person from Absolutsounds is from Shunyata and Audioquest and he uses amp from darTZell and Wilson speakers like i do but in a lower range :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve found that the power cord has a significant impact on the Rossini DAC. I would like to gather opinions on the clock; does the power cord for it have as much impact as the one used for the DAC? I’m currently using a high-end Albedo power cord for the Rossini DAC. I’m unsure if I should invest in an equally expensive power cord for the clock as well.

@wusplay i can reply to you in 3 months wen i upgrade my dCS Bartok Apex for the Rossini Apex with the clock :slight_smile: But ill put the Valhalla Power cord also and the digital cables also Valhalla.
The power cords made an huge upgrade, i bought the all cables but put it one sector at a time, first the main cable power from the wall, then the other PC, XLR and then Speakers.
The power cord did the most difference. All is an amazing set.

By the way, i up-grade all my system cables, now i run an Odin from the wall to the Nordost QB8, them Valhalla 2 power cords except for the CD transport that now I rarely use. My XLR and the Speaker cables also Valhalla 2.
The up-grade is astonishing!

I also up-grade my network for the Nordost Qnet with the Qsource. The Qsource also supply energy to my router. The cables, i use the Blue heaven from the wall to the router, from the router to the switch Heimdall Ethernet and also from the switch to the dac.

Another thing bought the grounding Qkore6 from the Nordost.

The Ethernet and grounding was one of the very best up-grades i did especially the grounding. It’s definitely the best up-grade for €.

I let here some pic.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I’m eagerly anticipating your feedback after you upgrade to the Rossini Apex with a clock. You possess an impressive collection of cables. It seems that your complete array of Nordost cables might even surpass the cost of your components. I am also a big fan of Nordost, though currently, I only have the Valhalla 2 USB and network cables.

The Valhalla 2 power cords look relatively flexible?

@andrewt The Heimdall are more flexible, the Valhalla are a more solid cable but the sound improvement is amazing… But you can move them fine :wink:

@wusplay I dont consider cables as an accessory, they are at my view probably more important as the rest and sometimes we do up-grades of hardware and if cables were up-gradable the improvement was higher.
For example, only the grounding i did maybe is an higher improvement that the one ill have going from the Bartok to the Rossini, it was that good.

Because i can not go further with the space to put gear in my living room, maybe after the dac up-grade ill do another up-grade of the cables to the Odin2 starting again with the power cords.

1 Like