What's Spinning October 2022

As may be apparent from my previous posts, I am a big fan of Bills Evans, and recently bought this CD (which I then ripped).

I must confess that it was only after I’d bought it, and had enjoyed several listens, that I discovered the provenance of the recording, as outlined in this review.

6 Likes

One of my all-time favourite albums. A complete re-mix and in hi-res now sounds amazing.

3 Likes

I have played this album* countless times before, but it’s sounding better than ever right now!
I haven’t changed anything in my system, so I’m not sure why…
but I’m certainly loving what I’m hearing!

*red book → DXD (filter 5)

2 Likes

Thoroughly enjoying the new Special Edition.

2 Likes

Thanks for that link. It currently returns a “nothing found” page. Here is one that seems to be working. Worth the read.

1 Like

If you want to enjoy it even more, you should play it on vinyl with this https://www.ikea.com/be/nl/p/obegraensad-platenspeler-zwart-70526339/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping_feed&utm_content=free_google_shopping_clicks_Homeelectronics&gbraid=0AAAAAD2hjVO24cDW2fZIELvoxKE1L6kRv&gbraid=0AAAAAD2hjVO24cDW2fZIELvoxKE1L6kRv&gclid=Cj0KCQjw--2aBhD5ARIsALiRlwAQRn-m6523SrvKDrZwN_VIsGVlu1ztAbx2z2CQRc39y4ojSQnAbhgaAlutEALw_wcB

And then play it again with whatever dCS gear you have got…pure enjoyment guaranteed :laughing:

1 Like

Remembering Duane Allman today, who was gone too soon and now for much too long. Play on Skydog!

1 Like

One of the most recent from Octave.I would call this pleasant, but not compelling. Very well recorded.

RoonShareImage-638027226428477810

1 Like

Haevn - Eyes Closed

91IRwQwpqSL.AC_UY436_QL65

1 Like