What's Spinning November 2023

For anyone interested, Rachel Podger/Brecon Baroque released a new album on 20th October, which I found enjoyable and well recorded (as usual) by Channel Classics.

It’s available from both NativeDSD (original recording format DSD256) and Qobuz (24/192 kHz).

3 Likes

4 Likes

Love this song

1 Like

2 Likes

Such an incredible voice!
Another one of my favourites from HDTT…

1 Like

Another incredible voice…

1 Like

2 Likes

Really good! One of the best live remaster Dire Straits ever!

2 Likes

What?! No Beatles fans around? :grin:

A Canadian institution, and the recording quality is great!

2 Likes

This album is still a firm favourite of mine!

2 Likes

Excellent RQ/SQ

2 Likes

Van always Van , but sounds happy and better than ever!

1 Like

1 Like

These are both excellent performances with very good RQ/SQ, IMO…

1 Like

Some old and new acquaintances from my “audio playdate” last Thursday:

Buxtehude

Suzuki Matthäus

2 Likes

Oh, almost forgot the “piece de resistance”. Yes, do not adjust your set that is Martha Argerich of Rachmaninov fame playing Bach. If you have never heard Argerich’s take on Bach then all I can say is you have been missing out. A great shame she has recorded so little!

3 Likes

This always takes me back to February 1979 when I went to their gig at Hatfield Polytechnic…
What a night that was!

3 Likes

The greatest year ever in the history of popular music.

Even if you only look at UK No.1s the number of absolutely classic songs released that year is simply farcical. Kicking off with ‘Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick’, only to be knocked off 7 days later by ‘September’, then ‘Heart of Glass’, ‘Oliver’s Army’, ‘Into the Valley’, ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’, ‘Cool for Cats’, ‘Pop Muzik’, ‘Sunday Girl’, ‘Are “Friends” Electric?’, ‘Up the Junction’, ‘Babylon’s Burning’, ‘I don’t Like Mondays’, ‘My Sharona’, ‘Can’t Stand Losing You’, ‘Reasons to be Cheerful, Part 3’, ‘Hersham Boys’, ‘Bang Bang’, ‘Gangsters’, ‘Cars’, ‘Message in a Bottle’, ‘Video Killed the Radio Star’, ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love’, ‘The Eton Rifles’, ‘On My Radio’, ‘A Message to You Rudy’, ‘One Step Beyond’, ‘Walking on the Moon’, ‘Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)’, and rounding out the year with ‘Brass in Pocket’.

And that’s just my personal faves, there were plenty more! What a year!!!

3 Likes

I had never really considered 1979 as such but, now that you’ve listed your personal faves, I see what you mean! :grinning: