1 Like

Qobuz red book

2 Likes

DSD64.

3 Likes

What a recording, Greg :slight_smile:

Probably not the common follow-up to Emily above, but a lovely track:

3 Likes

It’s something else. I will check out Sevdaliza.

Qobuz red book

Qobuz red book

1 Like

Qobuz 24/44.1

3 Likes

New to me courtesy of Roon Radio and Qobuz. Not spectacular, but a soothing and very pleasant voice. Uncomplicated, and generally not over-produced, arrangements. Very nice over hot tea and crisp golden morning.

1 Like

Blue Coast Records. DSD256.

The first 1988

DSD128 (NativeDSD)

1 Like

Blue Coast. Marvelous RQ/SQ.

1 Like

What a good idea from John Hiatt: make a record without a drummer. Not that there is anything wrong with drummers, but what a nice groove his music gets when Hiatt lets his voice drag on by guitar alone. And not just any guitar, but the dobro and steel guitar of grandmaster Jerry Douglas. Just as Hiatt danced over Ry Cooder’s razor-sharp strings, he now forms a beautiful duo with Douglas, with support from an equally fine-strung violin and upright bass.

The gnawing and popping voice of Hiatt (68) never gets boring, he sounds a day older but never tired. Not in witty roots rockers like Long Black Electric Cadillac and not in the stripped-down bluegrass of All the Lilacs in Ohio. That is one of the strongest songs, in which Hiatt takes a closer look at his youthful love life. Hiatt is also in shape in the ballads: The Music is Hot is an old-fashioned Hiatt track, which gains momentum due to the bluegrass accompaniment. A traditionally good record, which sounds slightly different.

Tidal FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit

4 Likes

Never been a huge fan, but I will give this a try.

NativeDSD.

RoonShareImage-637572027232969230

3 Likes