What's Spinning January 2021

2 Likes

That’s a good one. I like his work.

Followind on to this thread:
Great DSD downloads - Music - dCS Community
There is a big difference between the original CD version and the SACD version of ‘Just a little Lovin’ by Shelby Lynne. The CD version sounds substantially better to my ears. So much for the superiority of SACD.
:grinning:

1 Like

Lately I’ve been reconnecting with Hearts of Space playlists a lot. Recent shows have been really good. Good background music at work and good for deep listening on headphones too.

On the other end of the spectrum, I’ve been listening through the catalog of a metal band called Fen. Great stuff!

1 Like

RIP David Darling. Great Musician, great teacher, wonderful human

Review here

Tony Minisian has recorded some of the best sounding CDs that I know. Not all the music is equally captivating, but Moon Jazz I find really good. Best to order the CDs directly from Tony
[email protected]
I have no association with Tony except for liking his CDs

sr002-300

Recorded by Barry Diament on his label Soundkeeper Recordings
Again I don’t like all the music on Soundkeeper, but Equinox is great

2 Likes

I love Equinox, and have enjoyed it for years. Thanks for posting. Soundkeeper is another group highly dedicated to quality recording.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Take a look at this great jazz piano trio from Japan: Mayo Nakano Trio. Great recording.

You can find it here: https://www.briphonic.com/miwaku.html

3 Likes

Guitar and douduk (Armenian instrument) playing jazz standards. Great recording quality.

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

1 Like

Ah, a Hadouk spinoff

I like the 4k video of the trio they put on youtube. The briphonic webshop seems to be difficult to navigate though. Where did you buy this?

Ruci, take a look here. https://briphonic.stores.jp/items/5956af71b1b61967e90073fc

I’ve loved Lisa Ekdahl for years…(esp. “Bortom det blå” — “Genom dig ser jag ljuset” :heart:) but hadn’t checked out any new stuff since I left Sweden back in 2003. Thanks for the tip!

Will have a listen now, especially because she’s standing in front of a Renault 4. Nothing can be bad if it includes a Renault 4.

@Frankie67
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately the video I like most doesn’t seem to be available for download:

1 Like