What's Spinning February 2021

Thanks for posting that. It reminded me how much I enjoy this. 96/24.

3 Likes

I like much of their earlier self-penned work

Their later Dylan folk-meets-lounge album was a misfire for me

Then again, no-one covers Dylan as well as the original … discuss :laughing:

I’ll admit my apostasy here and now: with very few small exceptions, I am not a Dylan fan. For me, one of the most annoying artists of all time.

2 Likes

I’m (mostly) with you, Greg. On very rare occasions I like some Dylan, but most of the time it grates for me too. He’s doubtless hugely talented, but a talent doesn’t always tally with what I want to enjoy. (Except with food, probably. I’ll eat EVERYTHING.)

Since there’s been a good dose of Swedish stuff in this thread recently let me lob another one in:

Saw them live in Stockholm in 2000 (I think). So, so good.

2 Likes

Please try this one. Dylan did not like it himself, in hindsight.

My copy is FLAC 96kHz 24 bit:

2 Likes

Erno, I appreciate the effort, but sorry. Zero interest. I know that album—in fact, I know most of Dylan’s, because somebody was always saying: “here, you might like this one”—no sale, not going there anymore. I like a lot of Lanois’ production and artistic work, including his own music, but not this. In the meantime, enjoy!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I’ll give it a go @Ermos — I’ve not hit that level of dislike just yet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

mentioning Dylan often has this effect :crazy_face:

as a teenager in the 70s I was totally into Blood On The Tracks and Desire

Less enamoured when I grew up :laughing: and I never listen to any now

except for https://youtu.be/s10ldVRHRSw … featured in the greatest movie of all time

1 Like

There’s always a Lebowski guy somewhere. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, you either got me on a good Dylan day, @Ermos, or it’s a much more likable album for me than much of his other work. I really enjoyed that. Now I just need to remember which one it was from the 87 albums that show up on Roon under “Dylan” when I want to listen to him again…

2 Likes

1 Like

Gregory Alan Isakov with the Colorado Symphony

Excellent album. Very well recorded. Qobuz 44/16.

1 Like

A Friday funk classic

Give your speakers a slap bass workout

Can’t believe it’s been forty years :astonished:

1 Like

afbeelding

1 Like

Joshua Hyslop - Ash & Stone
Nice MQA recording

1 Like

1 Like