What's Spinning February 2021

Agreed. We can take it elsewhere if necessary. But please know I made neither suggestion nor inference that any file content would be more or less relevant and somehow pertinent to whether MQA contains the same musical information. If it’s there, it’s supposed to be there, regardless of whether one listener can hear it better than another. That should never be a factor. If MQA is actually disposing of recorded data, then that’s a no-brainer to me. As I said, more reasons to dislike. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m a member over there as well. I had forgotten how much “fun” that thread was. :wink:

2 Likes

From The Later Years full 4:20 set on Qobuz, I am not loving these remixes, but they will tell you something about your system. FLAC 96/24.

2 Likes

Very evocative music. Dreaming away.

2 Likes

Early morning headphone listening, when low level on the speakers just isn’t what you want.

Started with this—for me, the moment I heard it—instant classic:

And Roon Radio took me to this that I did not know. Not a classic to my ears, but definitely interesting.

3 Likes

I see the Trafomatic Primavera! I am saving for one :+1:

2 Likes

It’s a superb amp, especially with the Susvara.

1 Like

OT, but did you try the Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC with it?

Nope. Despise the Abyss, especially its design and the stupid names of their cans, and don’t much care for the absurdity of some of what JPS does on the cable side of their business. Other than that, they’re great! :wink: [But I believe I am a minority in this regard. To each their own. And having competitive high end headphone makers is a good thing.]

Go on: unleash the MQA thread.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yes, please!

1 Like

'nuff said on this subject here. Go elsewhere if you yearn for more, please
:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Via Roon Radio following a long session with GoGo Penguin. Qobuz FLAC 88/24.

299CE53D-1DE8-4763-B154-BBDFE58BCB96

2 Likes

Recorded after Art Pepper’s recovery and comeback, released a couple of years before he died

Close To You Alone is a particular favourite, featuring Stanley Cowell’s superb piano backing

2 Likes

Qobuz FLAC 96/24. Meant to post this before the Roon 1.8 update.

40B714E4-B8D3-41E7-8739-92E1E5C64B95_4_5005_c

1 Like

Inspired by the dCS Album of the Month, I went back to one of my favorite Boz Scaggs tracks of all time, which I first heard on the Duane Allnan Anthology: Loan Me A Dime, featuring Boz bluesing it out and Skydog on the slide.

1 Like

Listening to this now. Very nice.

1 Like

Excellent acoustic guitar (Tidal 44/16)

If you haven’t listened to this, check this out. Great stuff (Indian tabla percussion and electronica fused together)

Enjoyed both this and GoGo Penguin. It’s as if Valence was comparing album art in this case…

1 Like