What’s Spinning July 2021

Augusto, no idea what the music is like but what beautiful cover art.

1 Like

Japanese music…

3 Likes

DSD 64 (NativeDSD)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Noah Gunderson - A Raven and a Dove

Kobosil

RK4
Kobosil

Germany has offered fertile ground for electronic music for decades. We Germans are no strangers to the machine-like…

Kobosil has been a resident DJ at ‘Berghain’ in Berlin since 2013. Berghain, in turn, is one of the world’s best clubs for electronic music. The beats are served under 30-metre-high concrete ceilings. Concerts that begin on Saturday evening often end on Monday morning.

The album ‘RK4’ is first and foremost recommended to all friends of electronic music. With occasional club visits as background, the music makes even more sense.

First of all, ‘RK4’ feels dark and is full of power. Danceable it is, but also a real pleasure in the listening chair. Often lyricism, melody, composition, or vocals make the music. That is different here. Sure, it’s about rhythms, without question. But it’s much more about time. Music is a time-bound medium. Unlike painting or sculpture, which exist independently of time. Electronic musicians like Kobosil consciously or intuitively explore / use the effect of sound in our consciousness over time. With this perspective, the music can be opened up in a different way when listening to it.

If you want to hear more after that, his debut album is called ‘We grow, you decline’. Also good!

1 Like

4 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit

3 Likes

Nice album, strange is that I have a different cover. On wikipedia it says it has 2 covers… I have the 24/96 version.
afbeelding

1 Like

@ruudvde @Ermos Yes, the album came with two covers. The XX rocks. :metal: Alternative music had become somewhat stale or derivative over the years and they found a distinct new edge.

1 Like

1 Like

Avi Kaplan - I’ll Get By