What brand of AES/EBU cables are you using?

Hi Octaviars ; Getting towards 2 weeks since you received the Audio Envy Cables. I would guess that by now you must have formed some kind of opinion of them. To be honest I would have thought that if they are as good as some of the online reviews have said you would have been so enthusiastic that posting a comment here would have been irresistible. In comparison you posted about your etherREGEN within a week of receipt. Are they not as good as expected then?

Well number one I want to have them in my system for some time before I start to evaluate them.
I did other changes to my system in a short period of time so it got a bit much at the same time.
I am not that kind of person that thinks a cable will change the whole way a system sounds so if there are changes in how it sounds with Audio Envy they might be small but that is fine with me.

When I get more time I might change back to my old Canare cables and do same A/B testing but right now I just enjoy the way it sounds.

1 Like

Thank you. You seem to have have a sensible approach to evaluation.

I am reading your interim remarks as that you are enjoying them but the difference from your preceding Canare cables is small.

That is interesting and useful to me. It also contrasts with several online comments that I have read from Audio Envy users who have disposed of cables " costing several thousand dollars" in favour of Audio Envy. Hmmm…:thinking:

I’ll put in a preliminary thumbs up for the Geistnote AES/EBU cables (Canare) based only on service, delivery, price, and apparent quality of construction. I found them as a result of a recommendation in another thread regarding BNC clock cables. They appear well-made, but because I have no AES/EBU need until the Vivaldi shows up—my MSB and PSA transport/DAC stacks use I2S cabling—I cannot attest to their sonic characteristics. I also intend to try the DH Labs Silversonic. Thanks for the thread.

No wonder! The DH Labs Silver Sonic D-110 AES/EBU may be the greatest deal in audio cable I have come across in 35-plus years of being an audiophile. Check out their custom XLRs alone! I still have a loom I’ve used for years. It never once crossed my mind I’d need better digital cabling.

If money were no object, MIT Oracle MA-X (with tone controls!) are quite the toy to try and go overboard with. I was stuck abroad at a dealer’s for two days once, waiting for a power amp to be repaired, with everyone so busy someone would show up every couple of hours to ask if I wanted a cup of coffee and maybe some MIT MA-X SHD etc. & etc. to try in their reference system. I didn’t get bored for a minute.

To reply to the thread OP’s question: I’ve got a complete loom of Black Cat Digit digital cables (Chris Sommovigo’s latest venture or brand) in my system now, AES/EBU and clocking (analogue is all MIT Matrix and Oracle Matrix - the ones without user-adjustable tone controls - having said that, I subscribe to Andrew’s perception that all cables are filters and thus by definition tone controls). Don’t think I’ll ever need better digital cables, which, needless to say, is the exact same thing I said about the DH Labs, the Mogami Gold, or the Audioforum custom cables I used before…

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve tried a lot of cables between my dac and my upsampler. the DH labs are good but the Audioquest Diamonds go further. Finally I bought Audioquest Wild and it made a big difference with the other cables, it is without comparison. The 3D appears thanks to the transparency, the stamps are right and we understand how far can the dCS
Regards
Michel from France

Hello,
many of us own the digital Transparent Reference Aes/Ebu 110 ohm ( new version ). this https://www.transparentcable.com/collections/digital-audio-110-ohm-digital/products/reference-110-ohm-aes-ebu-digital-link

Just for curiosity, there is a network compensation inside the female ( or male) neutrik connector? never opened to check? Transparent is used to place it on their cables…
Thank you for reply.
Piero

Hi, I’ll put my tuppence worth into this thread. I have just purchased 3 Atlas Mavros AES EBU cables for my system. The only comparison I have is a single Vertere D-fi AES EBU. The Atlas Mavros was strongly recommended by the dealer who stated it matched or exceeded the SQ of other much more expensive cables. I was willing to pay for the more expensive cables but went with the dealer recommendation.

Compared to the Vertere which is the only AES EBU I have, and which I haven’t been able to find on the internet, but their similarly branded other cables sell for £100 to £200, the £368 - £410 Atlas cables are far superior and definitely worth the price difference. Are they better than other cables, such as Audioquests offerings, I don’t know. But if your looking to spend a few hundred pounds on AES EBU cables then the Atlas Mavros is certainly worth consideration.