What bnc cables dCS use and recommend for clock connection?

If your Cypbershaft only supports 50 ohm output I’d suggest getting the semi-rigid 50 ohm cable from Cybershaft. It’s definitely the best value for money of the available ones. The Sound Warrior can be switched to 50 ohm input.

I currently have an OP20A, the Vivaldi clock and two Sound Warrior word clocks in my system. I’ve been switching back and forth between the Vivaldi clock and the Sound Warrors every week or two for comparison purposes. No definitve conclusion yet but I can at least say that in my system the difference is subtle.

The Sound Warrior is specifically recommended by Hasegawa-san as he’s tested it and confirmed it’s able to maintain the performance of his clocks at the outputs. The DDS approach used in these is totally differnent than the PLL used in the Vivaldi clock and has some distinct advantages for converting a high accuracy word clock input. On the other hand the Vivaldi clock was designed specifically for use with the Vivaldi and has some interesting features like dither, plus it looks a lot nicer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well the price for sound warrior is less than iPhone and Vivaldi clock is priced like a not bad car, so vivaldi should be lot nicer )))

Jeff, do you have two of the Sound Warriors for the purpose of covering both frequency ranges? Or is there some other purpose? Forgive me for not remembering, are you also running the Upsampler?

Hi Pete, yeah, I’m using one for 44 and one for 48. With my PC audio playlists it’s pretty frustrating to have the switch the frequency back and forth. These are not particularly pricey units so it made sense to just get two.

I am indeed using the upsampler, so I three box stack (except when I’m using the Sound Warriors!)

Got a question on the directionality of the stock BNC cables that come with the Rossini clock.

Should the wordings run from the clock to the Rossini or the other way round.

The stock cables are not directional. Doesn’t hurt to try both directions though and see if you like one over the other :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am using Nordost Valhalla 2 and quite satisfied

2 Likes

Shunyata Omega has been terrific for me.

2 Likes

I’m also using BlackCat Silverstar MkII cables and, now my Rossini clock has arrived, had intended to look at upgrading.

Sadly, Chris Sommovigo, who made these cables, recently passed away very suddenly. I have to say he struck me as a great chap who, when I had an issue with a Mk 1 cable, made me a new Mk 2 without hesitation.

I believe his friends and family are trying to figure out a way forward, so his cables may be back.

1 Like

New Link: https://shunyata.com/digital-cables/?filters=cable-type[786]

Oyaide digital cable…costs roughly 300€ and sounds much better than standard cables

1 Like

I will again recommend AudioQuest WEL Signature digital cables for the clock connection.

For whatever reason their BNC clock cables are not explicitly listed in their catalog, but they are available and are wonderful, if pricy.

1 Like

The current UK pricing to connect my Vivaldi DAC ,Upsampler, clock and Rossini transport would be £22,000 for 1.5m lengths. :frowning_face:.

BTW, watch out for the cable’s provenance. A friend had a sample purchased from ebay which he needed to have re-terminated. AQ advised him that it would not be returned to him , being a fake.

2 Likes

AQ Wild and WEL Signature with BNC are listed in their catalog as Digital Coax.

2 Likes

Also, for a couple of different reasons, watch out when buying new.

First, they can be difficult to sell on due to people being concerned about fakes. Second, it seems AudioQuest do not take kindly to people selling them second-hand and would prefer you trade them in for their more expensive cables.

I’ve mentioned this previously, but I tried to sell a cable on eBay, which I had taken a picture of. AudioQuest claimed they owned the copyright to my picture of their cable and packaging. They not only had my listing pulled, but I was then barred from selling any more AudioQuest cables for a considerable time.

Any appeals to eBay and AudioQuest fell on deaf ears.

1 Like

Bananas! Never heard of anything like that before. I wonder if it is even legal, did you look into that?

The whole saga was bananas, however I would imagine eBay have a clause which allows them to remove any listing they like, but the stance taken by AudioQuest’s enforcement company was unlikely to have any legal weight.

The difficulty is taking AQ to court is so much more trouble than it’s worth, especially as I would then have to persuade eBay to reverse their ban. And I’m sure they count on this.

Given your tale and my friend’s experience it certainly colours my future attitude to this brand.

3 Likes

I have to say that their high-end cables are very good and fake cables aren’t really AudioQuest’s fault, but can create an issue on the second-hand market. I felt their behaviour towards me selling the cables on eBay I had bought from one of their dealers, though, was pants.

Reminds me of Noel Lee and Monster cable :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like