Welcome dCS Lina

Although my dealer told me I could expect delivery end of June, so far I did not receive my Lina headamp, and now he tells me he has no clue when it will be shipped…

Got FedEx confirmation that my Amp will be delivered Monday…………although ordered through a dealer it apparently shipped direct to me from DCS GB

Separate order from my trade in dealer for the DAC and Clock still no word yet?

The Abyss website mentions this:

ABYSS Headphones is an authorized worldwide dealer for dCS Lina products.

Lead time is currently 4-6 weeks. Expect longer lead times as orders compile.

I am waiting 4 weeks now.

1 Like

My dCS Lina headamp was delivered today.

First impression: WOW :+1:t2:

9 Likes

Terrific………mine as well

2 Likes

If the full mark is 100 (sound quality) , what are the marks of Benchmark headphone amp & Lina respectively :))

The dCS Lina is, to my surprise, head and shoulders above the Benchmark HPA4. Not just better, way better. The sound signature of both is insightful and ruler flat, but the Lina is much more musical, dynamic, spatial and natural sounding. The cliché of a lifted veil. I would say 75/ 95.

The Lina also has much more power. Whereas my Abyss 1266 TC needed volume on the HPA4 at -6dB, on the Lina it is just at the 10:30 clock position *. Susvara is still on the way, so more about that one later.

• Settings: 6V in, unbuffered in, high gain.
5 Likes

I will shop one

Congratulations Erno!!

1 Like

Thank you, Franco. I just hear that my Susvara is coming tomorrow, so then the party is complete :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the updates. Currently have my Lina amp running through my Bartok Dac while I await my Lina dac and Clock units to ship? I have the 1266’s and will order my Susvara’s upon completion of the system……excited drones not say enough……

Erno, the Susvaras are amazing. I have the 1266 TC too. Both are great for different genres of music.

Also, both headphones benefit strongly from aftermarket cables. Here in the US I like Norne and Double Helix.

2 Likes

Thanks Andre. I will get to comparing cables later. First I have to listen to the Lina, with my newish 1266 TC and my new Susvara. However, my Crystal Cable Dream Duet, that I have used with my traded-in Utopias, is currently being replugged to be able to use it with my 1266 TC. I have taken note of Norne and Double Helix, and will let you know in due time what they bring me. Thanks again.

Ok, about 30 Hours in with Lina Amp/Bartok combo. Here are the words I would use for what i am hearing so far all on network music using Roon, Tidal,Qbuz,Mosaic……

IMO-Detailed, Clean, Dynamic, Outstanding vocals and bass, Dead silent between tracks……so far

4 Likes

Would it be possible to say which you feel is best suited to a particular genres and why?

My Hifiman Susvara is in the house, and the dCS Lina headamp is letting it sing! Right from the start, no burn-in yet, it sounds very, very good. And there is plenty of headroom left: Lina’s volume is at the 11 o’clock position for comfortable listening.

Congratulations dCS, your Lina headamp is a winner :sunglasses:

7 Likes

That’s great news, the Susvara is very, very difficult to drive well enough to achieve maximum performance.
BTW, the sound will improve a lot over 100-200 hours. Then try some aftermarket cables - the stock cables leave a lot to be disired.

1 Like

Good to know, Andre.

I cannot tolerate the sound pressure of the Susvara on the Lina amp louder than at 12 o’clock, so dCS did the right thing: driving the Susvara is easy with it.

1 Like

My complete Lina system has made home…………
The Bartok is gone to the dealer and the Lina is set up
Fist impressions are the Lina amp and separate clock make a noticeable difference in improved sound, more open and spacious and the volume level i was previously at is half that for the same volume on the line.

Now continuing the critical listening …

Anyone who has one settled on the filters and clock setting preferences etc?

1 Like

Hi Anthony,

Did you read the manuals of the Lina DAC, Clock and Amp? If so, what exactly is not clear to you?

For the Lina DAC you can use your own filter preferences you had with your Bartok.

There is no such thing as clock setting preferences: it is either set right, or not.