Vivaldi One v. Rossini Apex

Vivaldi DAC and Upsampler would be my choice.

Thanks Pete. I was trying to get at the point that the 3 piece Vivaldi stack (DAC, Upsampler Clock) was presently out of reach, and trying to tease out essentially:

If a better DAC and upsampler (Vivaldi) outweighs the lesser DAC/Upsampler + Clock (Rossini), and therefore the relative importance of clocking

This question was motivated by some other users posting that they match Bartok and Rossini with the Vivaldi clock, which was surprising to me.

I think I now understand the group’s opinion that in the above, the Vivaldi combo wins…(?

Yes, if you have the money the Vivaldi stack is going to be the best that dCS can offer - and they ensure that you can hear it.

So you can understand why some partner the Vivaldi clock with components from the lower ranges as it is the cheapest single part of the Vivaldi system and it really does impart at least a taste of the big stack.

I really do understand a three box Vivaldi being out of reach in one go. It took me four years to put mine together. That is one of the advantages of that four box system, you can buy it bit by bit as finances allow. However the idea of climbing that ladder rung by rung has lost viability as the rungs are now so far apart that scaling the ladder is probably now unattainable for many - tant pis.

Thx Pete

I’m not embarrassed to admit that I had been hoping for an imminent Vivaldi successor announcement this year to create some opportunities, but, alas, this does not appear forthcoming… : /

Tant pis, indeed ; )

Hi, I’m a Guttenberg fan :smile: I ordered a Bergmann Galder to ‘compete’ with my Rossini Player & Clock. Greetings from Flanders (B) in Europe !

1 Like

That’s a gorgeous turntable.

1 Like

Hi renaat, I am from Brussels. Welcome.

1 Like

Just to thank you as my turntable picture has been restored today in this thread.
No need to say much more about it, But cheers to whoever did it.

1 Like

@anon30536008

Hello,

This is an automated message from dCS Community to let you know that your post was restored.

This post was flagged by the community and a staff member opted to restore it.

dCS staff is now clearly in violation of their own rules regarding off-topic posts. As became apparent in this and prior threads the issue is more wide ranging than this. dCS community is now officially a euphemism for dCS jungle. I leave the forum to those fit for the jungle and may post in the Music section from time to time.

With sadness,
Marco.

1 Like

It is true that it is always boring when people hack a discussion thread, but it seems no one can avoid that, it is the same in every forum…sadly, as you say.
But, I do think it is not the job of forum member to solve this problem…unless we want a tag battle :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the price hike thread James Cook indicated equipment announcements would come “later in the month” nothing about the 15th.

Karen, is that you?

4 Likes

My best answer is because it costs less. No other logical explaination

Found this from stereophile. Guess many Rossini Apex owner have that question in mind:

4 Likes

It certainly raises the performance of Rossini. However to avoid misinterpretation that does not mean that by buying a Rossini Apex you are getting a cheap Vivaldi.

3 Likes

Actually I think it does.

2 Likes

I dont think so lee, more like a stock 911 vs 911gt3. Similar but not the same

1 Like

Actually I interpret it as the Rossini Apex having the new engine while the non APEX Vivaldi still has the old.

Then again I guess there are tires, brakes and suspension to consider😉

Stock 911 is actually better than a GT3 in some of areas:

Daily driver, less maintenance, no “look at me” wing!

; )

Just sayin’

3 Likes