Tidal connect availability

Hi,

When will Tidal Connect be available for dCS products?

Regards,

1 Like

I wonder if the upcoming updates for DCS devices will include such options. Control from the level of Ipad or IPhone is an interesting option. Some audio companies have already announced product compatibility with Tidal Connect.
Best Regards Robert

Hope someone from dCS answers

Can someone explain why I would want Tidal Connect?

Tidal Connect is like Spotify Connect. It allows you to use the native Tidal app to control playback, with the streamer device pulling the tracks from Tidal instead of your phone “casting” them to the streamer device.

If you use Tidal via Roon, or are happy with the Tidal interface within dCS Mosaic, then you don’t need it. But if you want to use the native Tidal app as your primary control point, it will help.

Thanks, I access Tidal via Roon so it would not be appicable for me.

It is a close call.

Hi all,

There are no current plans to introduce Tidal Connect functionality to the dCS range.

Aside from the different user interface of the native Tidal app, no functionality is added compared to Mosaic Control (in fact, one loses the ability to have queues and playlists from multiple sources).

We will of course keep an eye on the demand for the feature going forwards.

Hi,
Yes, a functionality is lost that for me is basic. Like Spotify, and is that when you just listen to a playlist, Tidal or Spotify begins to suggest music. For me, this is an essential function of streaming platforms.
And another functionality that Spotify or Tidal Connect provides is to forget about Roon.
I find it very unfortunate that a brand as expensive as dCS does not want to implement this functionality. Sound excellence should not neglect the comforts of listening and discovering music, which in the end is what it is all about.

2 Likes

Hold on there. dCS have said that there are no plans to implement it but they will keep an eye on it for the future. They have not made a quasi-moral decision about it.

Every implementation of a new function costs dCS tens of thousands of pounds, yet they give it to us the users for free. They therefore have to ensure that the requested function is both practical to implement and has some degree of economic justification ( e.g. by sufficient demand). Perhaps those requirements in respect of adding Tidal Connect will occur at some time but until they do I am sure that the resources of this relatively small company are pretty well fully occupied. Remember too that there are other requests competing for those very same resources. After all we are still awaiting the next version of Mosaic yet that will be relevant to every user of current dCS products.

The only financial justification I know of is mine and that of users who have spent a large amount of money on a dCS product.
Digital platforms are getting better every day and if a luxury company feeds on digital broadcasting, it should be in the lead and not in the tail. When you buy a luxury product you have to demand the maximum, although I don’t think that asking for this option is asking for the maximum. How can it be that Bluesound, which sells products for € 500, is already in the lead? These things put me in a bad mood.

I do not know the investment in money or time that it means to implement this option, but neither do you. With all due respect, stop defending dCS, they can defend themselves.

I dream of the day when Spitify broadcasts in high quality because that will kill the multiple applications. The “Connect” option is the most comfortable for everyone.

Regards,

1 Like

Tidal Connect plays on StreamUnlimited products. How far is it from dCS?

You joined comparatively recently and may not have seen past comments from dCS on the cost of implementing features. Here is a quote from Andrew Papanikolas:

Any company who wants to stay in business has to weigh the benefits of implementing a feature compared to the cost.

I will continue to write what I want to here within the rules of the forum. That may well include defending dCS if I think that the criticism is unreasonable or excessive.

1 Like

I agree with both of you, no one should defend dCS, but for one good reason, not because they can defend themselves, but rather because no one should be aggressive with them. It is a chance we have that dCS spends some time to provide us with information in an interactive way, and very often.
So, if someone defend them to keep them active on this forum, personally I shall support him.
For me, the activity of dCS people on this forum is precious.
So when we ask them some new stuff, being hardware or firmware we should do it like the British like it…with a sense of humor, even though it is not easy…I am French, some are Swiss if I read well, some are American, but they love Swiss watches…
I am pretty sure dCS shall provide us with interesting product and software in the future, no one should worry about it.

2 Likes

As I wait for my dCS Rossini DAC to arrive, I too would love to see Tidal connect functionality in the future. I will be mainly using my DAC to stream Tidal (qobuz not available I Canada). I haven’t had a chance to use the dCS mosaic control app but it would be nice to be able to control the DAC while staying within Tidal to get its other features directly.

1 Like