The infamous "network issue" or something else?

Nick, I don’t disagree that Mosaic can be annoying at times compared to the user-experience of other applications. It’s slightly tangential to my previous post in this thread, but in my view there are two issues going on here with respect to what you raised;

1. Due to the software architecture of Mosaic Control, briefly described in the post below (which I won’t rehash here).
  1. The occasional hang/crashing of the streaming Compute board within the dCS platforms - most times from bugs that go unreported as people just reboot their unit and don’t investigate what caused the issue. Or the compute board reboots itself and comes back after a minute or so, during which time people think it’s a Mosaic Control connectivity issue, when in fact it’s Mosaic Control not being able to connect to the streaming board until it’s done rebooting itself.

At the end of the day, it’s not uncommon for a high-performance product to be slightly more finicky than your average mass-market consumer stuff. Just the nature of things. I’m sure other high-end solutions are not without their own foibles :laughing:

1 Like