The 7th February, something is coming?

Sounds about like this thread. :wink:

1 Like

Not quite. The distance between Vivaldi and Rossini is clear. The distance between Bartok and Rossini not so much. This (I gather) is the reason why v2 only came to Bartok once Rossini had Apex. Same thing here.

As expected from a general purpose NLP. It cannot tell u more than what u already know.

Regards,
Sourav

1 Like

As I said, I hope you are correct. It would save me a lot of money, at least for a little while longer.

I am just going by what makes the most sense to me given recent history.

Forgot:
4- v2 for Lina

deleted by user

I spoke to my dealer who spoke with someone at dCS who confirmed the 7 feb announcement is for the bartok apex.

2 Likes

Well, if that’s all this is, it will be disappointing. [But it will still save me money!]

4 Likes

Come on @Stockholm1973 . You just spoiled the fun !!! Just kidding.

I request the members in this group to ignore this and let the imaginations flow freely.

Regards,
Sourav

4 Likes

I have reasons to believe it is also software. But what do I know?!

Your are lucky. In my case my wife would probably start thinking of upgrading me (the spouse) to someone who is more resilient to these upgrades.

Regards,
Sourav

10 Likes

Having recently placed an order on a Rossini apex , a “free” software upgrade would be welcomed !

2 Likes

My downsize plans last year ended up costing net £25k and added 65kg to the weight of my system . My wife has given up on me .

3 Likes

Darling: The problem is you don’t do DSD1024 and frankly your PCM rate is just limited. Can’t blame her.

1 Like

So looking at this again with fresh eyes (and the insight of the TAS Bartok Apex ad). The announcement is likely far more simple than some of the speculation here (including my own)

‘The Next Generation’ may simply refer to the next generation Bartok Apex. Thats it.

Why on earth would a luxury brand launch a new platform and lead with an update to their entry desktop product?

1 Like

The Bartok APEX webpage was available for a short time, but then pulled. Someone shared screenshots on Head-Fi.

2 Likes

The network board support 1Gbps ethernet. All these data rates are way below 100Mbps, so I don’t think this is the bottleneck.

My understanding is the Ring DAC internally operates at DSD128 speeds. This is the bottleneck for higher rates. I don’t know whether the hardware could work faster or not.

I would think the “Next Generation” without qualifiers is a rather lofty claim for a simple upgrade to the lower end of the line.

1 Like

On top of that if u make her seat through doing a/b comparison of all possible combinations of pcm/dsd rates and ask for her honest opinion about which one sounds (slightly) better (more open, better 3d sound stage, perfect sound of cymbal, etc etc).

1 Like