The 7th February, something is coming?

Something is coming on February the 7th according with some dCS note today on Instagram …someone knows more about this?

2 Likes

Bartok apex maybe

NEXT GENERATION is the title now in dCS website with the countdown … It seems to much for just Bartok Apex …

1 Like

Indeed

And on Twitter:

Hard time to understand how a $9000 upgrade makes sense on Bartok.

3 Likes

You already know the price of the upgrade :wink:

I am just guessing, we will see what next wonder invention is coming.

Maybe a new separate streamer

The Adrián Berenguer track accompanying the teaser is a very nice touch. Time to guess composer names? :smiley:

I will venture maybe a cheaper line of DACs

Next generation could be the replacement of the Vivaldi line…based on the Apex…Instead of doing Apex MkII and MKIII etc…Less boxes, more modular or more compact ?

The only thing I cannot imagine is that it could be more expensive :laughing:

3 Likes

The only thing I cannot imagine is that it could be more expensive :laughing:

Ha! That’s the easiest thing to imagine!

8 Likes

Anyway, the “next generation” of what? The successor to Vivaldi makes perfect sense, and it is probably my bet. Even a free Apex upgrade to Barton would not constitute a “next generation.” Lina has already made claim to the headphone amp/DAC standard.

Perhaps not a new line, but the Ring DAC core itself? A new generation Ring DAC would set the stage for succession paths for all tiers.

Streamer? Server? Streamer/server?

Espresso machine?

The Jacob Heilbrunn TAS review commentary that Erno posted was probably the first clue something big was imminent.

Coming almost exactly a decade after the Vivaldi’s launch, a next-gen flagship system would make sense. :wink:

3 Likes

Amplifier…following Lina’s steps. Why headphone’s amplifier and not speaker’s amplifier? And also why not a new and nice streamer?

1 Like

Why would you come out with Apex and immediately replace it? Makes zero sense.

2 Likes

I am guessing amplification

1 Like

I hope you are correct Miguel, because that will save me money.

1 Like

I told the wife this morning to expect an upgrade expenditure, and she goes; What do I get? :man_facepalming:t2: … So, yeah, likewise, an Amplifier would save me “double” :rofl:

2 Likes

According to the photo, it has 2 AES/EBU inputs, 3 BNC (maybe WCK) , SPDIF (1 RCA ,1 BNC ,etc) , Unbal Analog outputs . The interface layout is the same as Bartok & Rossini , while there are 4 AES/EBU Inputs in dCS Vivaldi. Back to the topic: the next generation. Maybe it is a Bartok Apex. Or it is a non-CD/SACD version of Vivaldi One Apex

If I were a betting man, I’d be looking at a new DAC ring platform - in a mono chassis. But who knows - I’d rather not bet!