The 7th February, something is coming?

Indeed!

But why call a new Bartók, that just got 2.0, a next generation?

I haven’t seen it, but the latest TAS magazine seems to have a Bartok Apex advert in it, according a forummember on whatsbestforum

The reason for ordering when I did was to avoid a substantial (16%) price increase announced for 15 January 2023. There is a separate thread on this forum about that. Fingers crossed it is a software update!

Maybe a Reference 10MHz Clock?
Maybe the next generation Software v3?
Maybe the next generation DAC with APEX II?
Maybe the next generation DAC without APEXI?
Maybe the next generation Streamer with cover display?
Maybe a new finish in Gold?

I think a new generation Ring DAC.
Let’s be patient and just wait.
I want to sleep peacefully tonight.

1 Like

Could be a software upgrade just for Vivaldi and Rossini. Apex is hardware.

TAS does indeed have an advert for Bartok APEX
Rudi

4 Likes

the proof is there :ok_hand:

1 Like

Maybe (not) related to The Next Generation, but the Dutch dCS distributor just now offers a demo dCS Vivaldi APEX Digital to Analogue Converter at 30% discount.

Will be interesting how much the upgrade will be, I cannot imagine the Bartok another 9K more expensive

That has been there for a while, saw that already I think in November (sorry that was not an Apex I saw)

That was not a APEX one, I have looked at it several times.

Yep, my bad

If I remember correctly they asked around 18K for the non Apex, I guess they ugraded that one now

The Apex one now costs Euro 31.850,00, so the upgrade would cost Euro 13.850 ! But with the price increase per 2023, you are probably right.

Yeah, “next generation” is a lofty claim if that’s what’s coming. We will find out!

1 Like

The Bartok APEX? How on Earth could something that was released at half that price double in price so quickly? And isn’t this around the Rossini price? If true, the Bartok is no longer the gateway to dCS for many people.

that would costs more than Rossini?

Rossini Apex is around 33000€

means for 2k€ more you’ll get a Rossini (instead of Bartok)? …if so, no brainer…

These are just speculations. We have to wait a few days.

1 Like