System finalized finally!

I think that the caveat may have related to the MultiWave feature on PS Audio regenerators. Are you saying this has been discontinued ?

I have first hand experience with the PS Audio P-10. BEFORE installing dedicated 20amp lines the P-10 was a worthwhile upgrade, AFTER, almost no improvement in sound quality. This with all PS Audio electronics too. Paying an electrician to install the dedicated lines was a great improvement and I should have done it years ago. As with everything in audio, it depends on your system…

Ah, I assumed you were talking about being able to change the output frequency. I believe the MultiWave feature to modulate the sine wave still exists.

1 Like

Just FYI Dan D’Agostino runs a Strom on his own personal equipment and in his factory setup.

I had a PS Audio P-10 and it made no difference in my setup so I sold it. I believe that if you have clean power coming in a line conditioner/regenerator is not needed. If you have dirty power then they may make an improvement. In my case, I have a dedicated 12 awg circuits for the DCS stuff, and a dedicated 240 volt line for the Boulder amp. We took care in running the AS mains wires to not run them next to other AC wires. But this is a new house so it was easy to do. In most cases you don’t have the ability to run new AC lines, but if you do, I’d recommend that before trying a conditioner/regenerator. For me, a bigger improvement came when I removed the rack between speakers and set my equipment on floor stands between the speakers, imaging greatly improved and the speakers completely disappear.

2 Likes

I have just installed a Plixir BAC 3000 (https://www.plixirpower.com/products/elite-bac-3000-pre-conditioner) at the top of my system (dedicated line on a Doepke circuit breaker) (https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/audiophile-insights/doepke/) and I am very happy with it. Pitch-black background and much improved dynamics!

1 Like

I use Puritan Audio Laboratories PSM156 and like it.

I run a balanced transformer on my 2 hifi radials, 115 volts down both the live and natural, to cancel out each other on the noise front.
I works well, you just need to get a big enough transformer to cope, then have about 50% in reserve. Obviously the dCS kit doesn’t pull much currant, but power amps do.

4 Likes

@Frankie67 you’re correct…

I seldom use the green bias, although it’s good to know that it’s there.

I’m just basking in ‘Class A’ gorgeousness!

1 Like

@Bauer - Hi Jonathan. Happy to hear that you like it. Have you also heard the Pandora?

1 Like

I did discuss the Pandora with my dealer but, at roughly twice the price, it didn’t make sense to spend the extra money (which I had already committed to put towards the Alexia V’s), so we agreed to stick with the Essence Pre…

I’m certainly very happy with the combo, which is burning in nicely!

2 Likes

Excellent. Just give it a listen when you get a chance.

1 Like

Will do…
but I’ll need to refill my exhausted bank account first!

1 Like

Just listen to it. No hurry. … and congrats with the Essence!! I love Gryphon electronics so far!

1 Like