Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

Now here in my new place. dCS stuff not unpacked yet, apart from the NWB in the main system.

There’s an old Audio Research PH2 waiting in the wings too.

9 Likes

John, I PM you - regarding Kondo…tx!

Nice Birgir Carbon (?). Which headphones are you using?

1 Like

It’s a KGST, which he describes as a “mini-BHSE”. I chose it not just because it’s half the price, but because it could come into the house under the radar. Imagine a BHSE doing that! It’s my main headphone amp for the Rossini/Clock.

I also have a Birgir modified Stax SRM717 which will go in a different room. And a Mjölnir PureBipolar for dynamic phones.

My phones are SR-X9000, SR-007 Mk3, SR-404SE (which I have adored for over a decade) and Audeze LCD-X.

2 Likes

Nice
I moved from a Carbon to Kerry (Eksonic) T2 last year - although fronted by a Linn KDS upgraded to Organik instead of my Rossini.
Headphones are X9000, 009, 009S, L404 30th Anniversary, L300 80th Anniversary. Just sold a pair of 007MK1 which I had for a few months - I am on the 009 side of the fence

1 Like

Ok, here is my setup today:

Rossini + clock (black cat cable)
Dan d’Agostino S350 (directly from the Rossini via Harmonix Hijiri HGP-X XLR
Suesskind Beo LX with ribbon tweeters (cable from S350 is Harmonix H-SLC Million)
All power cables are Harmonix Hijiri Nagomi except for the S350 still with its stock cable. I am currently shopping for a good power cable.

It sounds good

A.

12 Likes

How are you finding the Eksonic? I have the Carbon CC (with the X9000) and am looking at getting the T2 later in the year

You moved from a Rossini to Linn for your headphones?

Nice collection. I had my eyes on a 009BK but ended up with X9K instead, for the same price.

My SR404SE and your L404 30th Anniversary are the same thing, right?

And finally - what leads you both to go to T2?

My system has been changing piece by piece for the past several years but it’s now stabilized for the forseeable future (haha), so here it is! Pretty happy with the sound at the moment. It’s a ton of fun to listen to!

Digital: Three box Vivaldi stack with a Cybershaft master clocko
Phono Pre: Accuphase C-47
Tape: Sony EL-7, Revox B-215
Pre: CH Precision L1 + X1
Amp: Ch Precision M1.1 Stereo
Speakers: Stenheim Alumine 5
Power: PS Audio Power Plant 5
Cabling: Nearly all Acrolink, some Oyaide
Room Treatment: PSI Audio AVAA x 2, GIK Acoustics bass traps

21 Likes

A combination of being on the (never ending) holy grail, the T2’s reputation, and feedback from a few that own them… The Carbon CC will likely end up being used in another room, they are superb.

2 Likes

Your system warrants a P20! Not a mere P5

1 Like

What model compressor air gun is that :wink:

In all seriousness, what do you have the air gun hooked up to? A small compressed air cylinder? I assume you don’t have an air compressor in your room.

I like mine. But, it just about gave me a panic attack two weeks ago. I heard a high pitched sound coming from it. When I investigated, it was unresponsive to the remote and the touchscreen. Powering down from the rear switch didn’t work either. I unplugged it from the wall and waited about 10 minutes (long enough to make an espresso). After waiting, it came back up into normal operations. The P20 is great, but the thought of boxing it up and sending it to Boulder for repair is a daunting task. Not to mention dealing with power distribution while it’s gone.

Indeed….

Funny enough my P20 also became unresponsive to remote but all other functions still ok. No matter how long being turned off the remote function just gone. So apart from not being able to turn off the front screen, a small inconvenience comparing to bringing this behemoth to the dealer

Have you contacted PSA for a new remote?

James Herod ([email protected]) is very helpful with issues like this.

A P20 certainly wouldn’t hurt! In terms of actual power draw my system is totally fine on the P5 though. With the Stenheims my M1.1 peaks at maybe 6 watts output on the loudest classical transients. For normal listening it barely hits 1 watt. Total system draw on the P5 screen is around 500 watts, with peaks around 700.

I’ve heard the P20 had other advantages in terms of transient performance and output impedance, but it’s hard to justify the cost and space requirements :joy:

1 Like

I have an air compressor in my room :joy:

I got tired of pumping up the air base for my Micro so I built a compressed air system to inflate and regulate the air bladders.

Added the compressed air gun because I had the source already and it’s amazing for cleaning dust off records.

One run of the compressor fills the tank in about 20 seconds and it’s good for floating the air base and cleaning maybe 10 record sides before it needs to run again, so the noise is manageable :laughing:

1 Like

I did and tried a few tricks suggested from PS but didn’t work out. So it looks like the beast has to visit the wolf lair (aka dealer!) to get it checked. Just can’t be bothered till it needs some servicing later (if at all)

1 Like

A pair of Alumine 5…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I do not envy you. Moving a P20 around is no fun. Good luck!