Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

Come on phil, you know you want it and to be fair its a bargin. Treat yourself its Easter.

LOL … my “toys to buy” list doesn’t need anything else adding to it!

I’m afraid I’m “all digital” at home. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You cn never have enough kit and you know it, lol.

So as a follow-up, to show what this pro use was for (my wife rehearsing while airplaying accompaniment to her violin parts):

She’s in one of the photos but not going to point her out for privacy reasons.

The Rossini was instrumental for preparing for the tour not necessarily due to its quality (she just doesn’t care about that) but due to its use of use. If audio tech were auto insurance, my wife would be the caveman in the Geico commercials of yore.

2 Likes

My system in a very small room. Rossini player / CDS3 /XPS / Klimax LP12 / Aro / Audiotechnica ART1000 / 552DR / 250DR / S400

8 Likes

New system (replacing full NAIM set up) installed last week and running in nicely:-

Rossini Apex DAC
Vivaldi Clock
D’Agostino Progression Integrated
Kudos Titan 606.

18 Likes

606’s … very nice!

I don’t have a pair of those yet … :+1:

Phil

Nice setup! Do you play the piano, Alex?

1 Like

Nice!
How do you like the D’Agostino integrated?

Good afternoon fellow dcs members.
Primarily I’m a vinyl guy but started streaming only this year with the bartok and Rossini Clock, loving the simplicity of streaming via the mosaic app with Qobuz.My intention with streaming was discovering new music and buying it on vinyl. Rest of my system is Basis Debut Standard turntable, Acoustic signature ta 5000 tonearm, DS Audio master1 cartridge & phono stage ,MBL 6010D Reference Pre amp, Cayin ha 300b headphone amp, Isotek sigma power conditioner, Audeze LCD5 headphones, Swisscables reference plus interconnects all sitting on a Neo Double Quattron Massaker rack.

12 Likes

So nice to see a Rossini matched with the Vivaldi Clock. It’s a fantastic pairing. I would — one day! — love to hear how much of a Vivaldi stack bettering a Rossini stack is down to clocking. I already know that to me good clocking is a huge component of what I enjoy, but that particular comparison I’ve yet to do.

3 Likes

It is fantastic, and a clear improvement on my previous NAIM 282/250 combination. Extremely dynamic and musical.

Thanks for sharing your impressions. I have a Gryphon Diablo 120 integrated, which is fantastic, but am always looking for the next upgrade!

2 Likes

I got the Clock a few months ago.

Atop the table are, left to right, Vivaldi Upsampler, DAC (no APEX yet) and Clock. Beneath the table on left are my Roon server (Win10 Pro x64), top, and Transparent Cable Reference PowerIsolator, bottom. Beneath the table on right is my Classé CA-2300 power amp. The Alexx V speakers bracket the lot.

16 Likes

Andrew, have you noticed an improvement by having the Vivaldi Clock (vs Rossini Clock)? Thanks :pray:

Hi Franco. This is the first dCS stuff I have owned, so I didn’t actually own a Rossini clock before this. I did compare both clocks, and preferred the Vivaldi to the Rossini. Overall, I am delighted with the performance of the system.

2 Likes

@Andyblain Your pic shows the Vivaldi Clock set to 192kHz for Group 2. Should it not be set to 48kHz so that all of the multiples of 48 are clocked correctly?

My Vivaldi Clock always said 44 and 48.

2 Likes

I only got it earlier this week and will be doing a full set up over the weekend. Thanks for the advice though.

1 Like

Interesting to hear @Andyblain. I have a Bartok into a Naim 300DR and have been toying with the idea of moving to a D’Agostino integrated and ditching the Naim amp. Probably best I don’t go audition the D’Agostino…

3 Likes

I’m lucky to have a full room to devote to this hobby, although it does double as a bicycle parking lot. The room was designed by Jeff Hedback and uses a range of RPG products, including bass traps behind the CD racks in the four corners. The difference between this room untreated and treated is huge–on a level with new speakers, or more.

Digital playback chain is Rossini stack > Berning ZOTL Pre One > Berning ZH230s running as monoblocks > Quad 2905. Analogue substitutes a VPI HRX for the Rossini stack.

From the listening couch:

The back of the room:

The right side:

The left side:

The equipment rack:

32 Likes