Showing (off) your dCS setup - description and photos

Very nice, and not so modest system! You could improve on the speaker placement.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes, speaker placement was unfortunately, a big compromise. It’s an open concept room, so the kitchen is on the other side. When the speakers were in a more optimal position, it just wasn’t visually appealing. :frowning: Will eventually move to the new Wilson SabrinaX speakers. They will fit the space better.

1 Like

I’ve got Wilson SabrinaX, and am delighted with them.
For a relatively modest size (especially by Wilson standards!) they sound amazing in my system (Rossini & Clock, Gryphon Diablo 300 --> Transparent Ultra).

How do you like the Gryphon Diablo 300? I’ve read a lot about their products, but not ever heard one in person. Good to hear your feedback on the WIlson SabrinaX. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It works well in my set up, but I’ve been considering an audition of the Gryphon Essence. It’s a different animal, but Class A (and ‘Green Bias’, with a Gryphon Preamp) is an intriguing proposition with the Rossini & SabrinaX…
If you have a Gryphon dealer nearby, suggest that you check them out.
You may be pleasantly surprised!

1 Like

After some back and forth on another dCS thread I mentioned to a fellow member I would finally post a photo of my listening room.

Naim 552/500
Rossini + Master Clock (which kicked a Linn Klimax DS/3 out after 10 years of service)
LP12-Aro-Kandid-Radikal-Urika–Keel-Karmen-Tranquility-custom Chris Harban Curly Maple plinth
Kudos Titan 88 speakers from the first production run of 5 back in 2010(?)
Chord Music cabling throughout and good old NACA 5 speaker wire
Everything sitting on Naim Fraim.

*of course there is a dedicated power line running from the garage to the listening room.

Eero Saarinen Womb chair and ottoman and a Jens Risom lounge chair.

Oh - and just “a few” records :grin:
In back of the Womb chair and not visible - just “a few” CD’s

Best
Gregg

14 Likes

Very nice and very analogue room LOL.

I have a very similar analogue front end

LP12-Aro-EMT JSD6/Krystal/Phasemation pp300-Radikal-Urika-Keel-Stack Ultimate top-plate-Karousel-custom Chris Harban Indian Rosewood plinth

But I don’t have wall to wall LPs

As mentionned elsewhere, today my Rossini DAC arrived, replacing my Bartók HDAC, joining my Rossini Clock.

Of course it is still burning in, so I will share my observations later with you all, but first impression is: this is NOT a minor upgrade from Bartók. Much more body, better mids, more there, more real. More later :wink:

16 Likes

Yay! Good for you, Erno. Looks fantastic too.

1 Like

Good stuff Erno!! Congrats !!

1 Like

I hope you enjoy the new DAC. But a question, which may have been raised before in other discussions: You’re stacking the DAC and clock. dCS deprecates stacking. Do you think that advice is too severe?

Hi James,

This is the advice from the manual:

There is not enough room on my desktop to not stack, so ‘absolutely necessary’ applies.

1 Like

Is the stacking order significant?

I wonder if the Rossini should be on the bottom with the best contact to the base :thinking:

If you look at the front panel design, it is clear that the clock should be at the bottom:

3 Likes

YAY :drooling_face: Enjoy… I’m curious to read what comes after ‘…more real. More later’ I saw your very recent ‘what’s spinning’ posts…

Not going to give everyone a laugh after so many beautifully laid out rooms. But my stuff is in my garden room, a 3.5 m by 6m timber (log cabin ) room.

The Vivaldi upsampler (ExDem) has just arrived in silver, it doesnt match my black Vivaldi dac, which matches my black Townshend Allegri ref pre. But they both go with my Mark Levinson ML33Hs as they are silver and black. Speakers are Kef Ref5.

All strung together with Townshend Fractal F1 cable, yes he even made me a pair of Aes cables. Ethernet is meicord. Everything light enough is on Townshend siesmic stuff. Tempted to put the 33Hs on something but my back wont stand it and the speakers are on Gaias

1000 cds ripped to Naim UnitiServe and a roon nuc and Qobuz complete the deal. Have rediscovered Can and Krautrock…bands and artists I’ve never heard of, but glad I now do.

Currently watching the Upsampler straighten itself out and this is fascinating I thoight I knew DSOM, obviously not. I’ve had the Dac for a year and will soon get my head round the filtering choices…statistically scary

As I said to the Paul at HIFi Lounge…’‘i can’t wait 12 weeks for a black one, anyway its whats happens inside that matters,.see you next year for the clock’’

64 and the itch never stops

3 Likes

Spent some of my waking time last night pondering Alan Parson’s philosophical question

‘‘What is an audiophile recording’’

New thread?

2 Likes

Isn’t it where the sound is great, you play it once and then never again until friends come and you want to show off your system?

Yes, new thread :grinning:.

4 Likes

This single comment caused a whole world of doodoo for Mr Parsons. On the Naim Forum…

Alan parson’s are audiophile records…