Searching my Melco N1

Hi Nick,

I’ll raise it as a suggestion but I can’t guarantee that it would be included - it might be one of those things that would end up becoming a “special case” piece of code if implemented. Remember that most UPnP servers don’t even support full searching (like Twonky).

Cheers

Phil

I have this stress with Roon…even perfect tagged albums (I use Metadatics) aren’t detected by Roon or were displayed wrong. A real pain is box-set rippings (80CDs from Alfred Brendel f.ex…).
Anyway, it works now and - how do they say- never touch a running system :slight_smile:

I will just ironically remind everyone that the first publicity from Roon used the tag line " Classical Done Right".

2 Likes

Nick, why wouldn’t you search with just “Sigur”, Mosaic should have no problem retrieving based on partials. For example, when I type in “Evan”, it shows me every single “Bill Evans” album I have, including with Trio, with Eddie Gomez, etc. Mosaic would however have a problem with mis-spelt names.

Kazoo is Linn’s soon be defunct App, but yes, even Linn Music, their newer UPnP Client, is able to do incremental search, but with MinimServer, not with Twonky etc. So, it’s UPnP Server dependent (which, as Phil suggests, makes it a special).

1 Like

Thanks. I do of course do this. It was just that typing the ‘Ros’ after Sigur was so quick, I just did it automatically and was a bit shocked when it found nothing! Just because of the accent on the ‘o’!

1 Like

Ahh, understandable.

Yeah, localization support means “dCS Bartok” isn’t quite the same as “dCS Bartók” :grin:

1 Like

I had that problem.

Couldn’t find “dCS Bartók” online. Bought a Rossini :crazy_face:

Phew.

3 Likes

Is that how you explained the Rossini expenditure to the wife?

:rofl:

3 Likes

“It was the cheapest one I could FIND.”

/me shuffles nervously

“Why are you saying FIND so weirdly?”

(Luckily she trusts me :-P)

2 Likes