Rossini Player with Accuphase A70 Power Amp

So I jumped into dCS Audio with purchase of a used certified Rossini Player from a dealer. After researching the Ring DAC, the engineer in me was compelled to try it. I have connected it directly via balanced xlr to my Accuphase A70 Power Amp. With output at 2V and amplifier gain set to -6 db my device volume control is right in the sweet spot. The sound is otherworldly. For those that come after me I thought I’d document that this combination works in a post as I didn’t find any specific posts on here when I was searching before purchase.

5 Likes

Thanks Kevin, and congrats on your Rossini Player. Now you want to try the Rossini Clock with it :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve given my wife your contact info, expect an irate call. :joy:

2 Likes

Sorry Kevin :innocent:

2 Likes

Accuphase and dCS work brilliantly together. Nice choice :blush::+1:

1 Like

Don’t see many posts about Accuphase here! Some of the best looking gear out there and build quality is second to none. If I ever go back to Class A it will be one of these for sure.

2 Likes

Hi
I had speculated that Accuphase may be a good fit with DCS for a direct connection due to the ability to reduce the amplifier gain significantly so that you don’t need so much attenuation on the DAC, preserving the soundstage which is the main casualty with a digital volume control. I will now plan to demo /borrow one as some point. Thanks.

1 Like

Don’t discount their integrateds either, I reckon — the E800 was lovely :ok_hand:

1 Like

Huge Accuphase fan here: Rossini DAC+clock into C2900 preamp and A48 power amp.
Also have PS1210 power supply and DP560 SACD player.

1 Like