Rossini Best connection USB or Ethernet

Hey Anup… thanks for the prompt reply.

The expensive Shunyata USB sounds good so I’ll indeed go with that.
So, How would Audrivana UPnP work? No selection on Mosaic for Audrivana. Maybe Audivana has an UPnP output selection internally. I’ll look.

Also, I’ve got an opticalModule break gismo coming from Small Green Computer to isolate the ethernet input/output process of the Bartok. They are convinced it helps from reported testimony of his many dCS DAC owning customers. We’ll see.

Thanks,
Bob Coppersmith

Yup, thats exactly it! From Audirvana, you can select your dCS DAC as the network output device from the transport control area. Once selected, you can go into the configuration settings (it mostly auto populates anyway).

Watch out for MQA setting though, (unlike with USB), via UPnP, Audirvana can’t interrogate the DAC tell what MQA capabilities it has, so you’ll have to manually turn off “Auto-detect” and set the dCS DAC for full decoder.

1 Like

Perfect information, thanks. Should be the best possible sound from Audrivana vs. USB out of the MacBook Pro. Although, some of criticism of USB connection sound quality is apparently due to the cheap build of connections. Not an issue for dCS equipment… they construct them of the highest quality.

1 Like

They do, and having invented asynchronous USB, they will still tell you that Ethernet is better.

I have recently purchased Innuos Statement, which both Ethernet and USB are independently clocked and both in great quality.

I was trying to compare both Ethernet and USB connecting to my Rossini with clock, however I don’t have the same grade of USB and Ethernet. USB sound better in my setup, probably it’s due to my USB is higher ranked (Ansuz DTC2 USB) over Ethernet (Ansuz D2 Ethernet).

I was thinking- the upsampling by dCS hardware should be better than Roon software (in Innuos Statement). Ethernet input to dCS Rossini would be upscale to DSD… Ethernet should be better in this consideration.