Response to DCS Chief Executive Officer

Dear David,

I read your response and wanted to comment directly. As an ex CEO (now retired) I know how challenging these matters can be and have myself experienced the same kind of issues with regard product representation. I am a DCS customer of both the original Bartok and the Network Bridge. Your team has been very helpful in supporting me and I have been very satisfied with the quality, support and sound! Note I very rarely participate in forums or the day today hifi world.

1. With regard your comment on not using the word " litigation", the legal letter to Golden Sound, if read carefully, has significant implied legal consequences. Any recipient would receive such a letter and feel that impending litigation is a possible and even a direct consequence.

2. Correcting product inaccuracies, whether proven to be material or not, should not require legal recourse and nothing in the published communications suggest that both the email tone of employees or the legal letter is proportionate to the issue of any factual inaccuracies. Indeed the management email responses are both unprofessional and betray a vindictive and unpleasant flavour. I note you have dealt with this aspect.

3. Despite the timeline of events and circumstances offered in your note, nothing surfaces( from what is publicly available), that indicates the response taken by DCS is either proportionate to the possible inaccuracies of the review or breaches the intended purpose of providing (as now tested in US courts) entertainment.

4. GoldenSound has circumvented your preferred review process and given his opinion. While I can not speak for any other individual and their interpretation of events, I can say that it appears to me very obvious that the DCS response is not aligned with the obvious DCS professionalism and company ethos. Any continued justifications for these actions are inadvisable in my humble opinion. Customers are very sensitive to a company’s real motivations when they behave in this manner and “doubling down” on justifications can make matter considerably worse.

Could your team consider that one course of action is to just acknowledge that mistakes may have been made and move forward in partnership. After all, your future customers are being created by these content providers and while they are far from perfect, they do support the industry and it’s longevity. I believe this particular reviewer adds a lot to our community.

I have found your company to be both professional and innovation led, and wish you all the very best. I will purchase the Apex Bartok very soon (but we do need HDMI ARC!!)

Regards,

Jez

15 Likes

I don’t know how closely David follows this forum so it might be best to tag him at @davo45.

Very well put by the way. I agree on every point.

1 Like

Thanks Jez,

I do agree that DCS response regardless of intent appears to be vindictive, unprofessional and far beyond what is fair based on the original review (which did also contain a number of positives).

From a consumers point of view Goldensound has not done anything even remotely close to warranting the actions that appear to have been taken by DCS

Further, the boss of Headphones.com has now refuted several of the claims made by DCS CEO in his recent response and published further damning evidence against DCS.

It is now time for DCS to be humble, accept wrongdoing and publicly apologise for their actions or face the wrath of a public that simply wants independent reviewers to speak their minds freely (within reason) so they can be confident that not all reviewers are simply part of a products marketing.

Finally, Goldensound has made some negative comments on other companies products who have responded in an appropriate manner, perhaps DCS could learn something from their responses

Rhys

Oooh, a first time poster who registered here to trash dCS; what a surprise. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

You seem to have fallen far out of context. I suggest you read up on the actual happenings instead of ignorantly bashing people for having an opinion.

There are multiple topics all discussing the same subject. I am going to leave the oldest thread open here and lock the others. The locked threads will remain up and visible, but closed for further comments, so any additional discussion should please be kept to the one open topic. Thanks!