Reference Clock for Vivaldi Master Clock

I just ordered one from Cybershaft.
If the introduction of a 10MHz external clock improves sound quality, I will consider CH Precision T1 or Merging+Clock.

I’m selling a perfection 10 master clock from Stanford that I use with my Vivaldi stack with great results if anyone out there is interested,

2 Likes

Guy, it may help with responses if you let people know whereabouts you are situated.

True enough…! I’m in Canada close to Montreal

I have one of these and agree with Guy that it’s lovely with a Vivaldi Clock :+1:t2:

I cannot thank this forum enough for introducing Cybershaft for Vivaldi systems. I bought the latest OP21E-D on the recommendations in this forum. It was an unbelievable revelation out-of-the-box. The tonal quality of Vivaldi has improved/changed so much that I now regret ordering the new Wadax Reference DAC. I also have Trinity and Audio Note Fifth Element DAC in my system. Vivaldi used to be ranked first in convenience and its clinical sound quality. I have always found it a little fatiguing in long listening sessions even in my system with all-tube amplification driving a pair of horn speakers. No more now. With OP21E-D, the dCs deck now has a degree of warmth without giving up Vivaldi’s incredible analytical capability which is important to me. With OP21E-D, the Vivaldi is simply fantastic. Today is the third day I have had the OP21E-D. What it has done to the dCs is unbelievable. I strongly recommend every Vivaldi user to, at least, find a way to listen to the system with OP21E-D – see for yourself. You will know what dCs is truly capable of – now with a great clock.

2 Likes

I am happy for you, I do hope you can cancel your order. This Wadax is may be a fantastic dac, made by very bright and quality oriented people…but what an awful industrial design. I thought that Totaldac had an uwful design, but Wadax has done the worst :laughing:
please dCS never do that kind if horrible things in the future…keep the Vivaldi boxes forever :joy:

But again, it is probably a great product, the attention to details is obvious…a zepta clock…femto clock is too random precision :joy:

2 Likes

Not surprise of the result with cybershaft. I got thé same result in my system, Rossini and vivaldi clock. In a few days you will hear some improvement…

Hey Pete. Are you using a master clock at all or the dcs wc only. Thx. B

Hey Greg. So i read your installation of the
Kronos 1. It seems quite complex with mulitple cables and antennas although that is where the accuracy comes from im certain. Are you still using this. What do you think of it now and have you tried any others. The results across the board sound pretty incredible but im thinking they have to be quite subtle and also wonder if some of the lesser time consuming clocks such as the cybershaft ( which seems in brief review much technically friendlier) get you 90 percent of the way there or not really. Thx. Barry

Barry, it is true there’s some moderate complexity to getting the Novus up and running, and depending on one’s environs, it can be more or less challenging. For me, it was worth it. There are a number of posts here in the forum explaining the technical aspects of providing a reference clock to the Master Clock. In my view, the Cybershaft is not as well suited to those goals as atomic clocks—much as I like it, think it is well-designed and easy to use, and may be well-suited to improving master clocks of a different design from dCS.

1 Like

A clock for a clock’s clock. If one used cybershaft as reference for the novus then it’s a clock for your clocks clocked clocked clocker.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Ill check it out b

Using a Cybershaft as a reference for a Novus would suggest you were off your clocker.

3 Likes

Thank you for the breadcrumbs. Yes. A lot of info here. B

Ben, I surmise you are at the pub. Tell me where, and I will try to join you.

2 Likes

Did you sell this

Yes I sold it already !

Thank you. B

A question, who has still used a cybershaft clock 10mhz with a dcs clock ? Just to know, because my impress most of you didn’t have it, but have a strong opinion on it…