Nice New Bartók

The Bartók can be stacked onto the Clock…

I can clearly remember scoffing at the idea of ordering a clock as I took delivery of the Bartok. Enjoy your new DAC (mine replaced an NDX) and as you said, cables first!

Whatever you do. Don’t demo the clock!

1 Like

That’s interesting Michael. I have Naim amplification (282/300DR) but chose not to go with the NDX2. I had serious issues with their Unitiserve several years ago.

LOL… my mistake! Saving for it now but also managed to get a local clock that was made for the NWB and Bartok to fill in the real thing for the time being :stuck_out_tongue:

Hopefully don’t have to save too long

2 Likes

I’m already doing another paper round, in order to pay for the Bartók! :joy:

1 Like

Oh are you supposed to wait a year or more before ordering a clock!!! (think i managed 3 months)…

I would say cables first as well, then go demo a clock. Its definitely an upgrade, but its an expensive one.

2 Likes

There is no way I could afford a Clock at the moment. There’s only so many paper rounds one can do.:grinning:

1 Like

In all honesty you are so far up the performance curve already with the Bartok, there really is no rush for the final 5-10%… Nice to have, but really not necessary and certainly very expensive to attain.

So kick back and enjoy the music :smiley:

3 Likes

Gonna do just that Jon :+1:

Thanks Gregg…I was in fact looking at the Chord Signature, perhaps after Christmas.

RCA >DIN…not RCA>RCA? (Not wanting to open a can of worms here) :grinning:

I always ask myself that and it almost always does get better (especially when adding dCS boxes) :wink:

1 Like

You can do what you like but this makes no sense to me. What springs? Why do they need weighing down?

I have no springs. Perhaps that is another solution to a problem that I do not understand in the first place :thinking:

4 Likes

Short answer is there shouldn’t be any problem, except possibly scratching the chassis!
I assume you’re using a spring-based isolation platform and want to get the springs into their optimal compression range with the additional weight.
I would probably put them under the Bartok for aesthetic reasons. The thick aluminum plating and steel sub-chassis should provide plenty of RFI shielding already!

2 Likes

Looking back at my OP, it may be beneficial for you to start a new post regarding the copper bars question.
To be honest, providing your Bartók is sitting on a firm, level base, there should be no need to place anything on top of it. As Jeff has indicated, there’s a good chance that you could end up scratching the chassis.