New Member New System

My pleasure @lopezjm, but I’m sorry to say that if your shelf is hard up against a wall I’m afraid you will have real challenges housing a Bartók.

The shelves on my Grand Prix Monaco rack are 45cm deep which gives me a little bit of leeway, but my rack is situated so the back edge of the shelf is 21cm from the wall behind. A happy coincidence as that is also pretty much the minimum distance possible with my cables. Both the power cable and the ethernet cable are very stiff and 21cm is about their minimum bending radius. Just the Furutech plug on the power cord protrudes 5.5cm from the rear of the chassis. As you can see from the picture however my analog interconnects (the white ones) are much floppier so the minimum shelf-to-wall distance is highly cable-dependent.

Hello @struts001

Thanks for the additional tips. :slight_smile:

I’ve got a lot of space in the back of the rack. Good thing early on when I was putting together my system and furniture, I consciously decided to really pull the desk and rack a little bit more into the room and away from the back wall not really to deal with cables but to just make it easier for me to clean and vacuum once and awhile. Haha

Forgot to say, that measurement is outside edge-to-outside edge (i.e. from the front of the front footer to the back of the rear footer), not center-to-center. Let me know if that is not what you wanted.

1 Like

Yep! That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Hi - no I didn’t go Bartok in the end, when I auditioned I preferred the Naim NSC222 / NPX 300 combo. Perhaps more conditioned to the Naim sound than I thought. Still eying dCS for the future though perhaps one level,up from Bartok.