Network Version Issue?

I just got a Vivaldi apex dac and Upsampler. After purchase I was checking all the software versions etc. I noticed that on the dCS site the latest software for Upsampler is listed as 2.10 with network version 5.02

But my Upsampler screen says, it’s network version 5.07?

How is this version higher than the latest listed on the dccs website?
Amar

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The software for Upsampler is currently v 2.10. However I am unsure exactly what the suffix ( 502) refers to as you say yours is 507. Mine is 513! Perhaps someone at dCS can enlighten us ? Maybe @Phil ?

2.10/502
502 seems like it is the network version. different network board (hardware) depending on the time of the machine build, or different network software?
let see if dcs answers this

Hi Amarinder, here’s what the latest Upsampler’s firmware should be. If your’s doesn’t match, make sure it’s connected to your Internet and get it updated via Mosaic.

Hi Amar,

Quite likely nothing more nefarious than the page hasn’t been updated - I’ll flag it to the web guys to check.

Thanks for flagging it.

Phil

I cannot install for update board network version 527 on my iPad. It now has version 513. It gets hung up on Verifying. I have Rossini player Apex. Please help.

Hi @jimski

First thing to do is just power your Rossini off at the rear panel switch or at the wall outlet for thirty seconds and then turn it on again … once it is up then restart the update. That usually solves most update issues.

If it still doesn’t update then drop me an email at [email protected] and I’ll go through it with you and we’ll get you updated.

Cheers

Phil

The recent post regarding the Network Clock Update had me checking versions on my Vivaldi products. When I compared my Mosaic App with what is listed on the dCS support site everything was in line with the DAC and Upsampler versions. The Network versions is where I am a bit confused. My Mosaic indicates that I was at 523 and that a 529 was available, yet the dCS website indicates that 502 was the last update and that was from October of 2019. Is the version portion of the site not maintained?

The latest version is 529. Yes the dCS website is a mess when it comes to software updates and release notes. AS you note the last update recorded there for Vivaldi Upsampler is 502 from 10/10/2019. @James please note.

If you still have 523 then accept the update ( to 529) that the control app for Mosaic should find and offer ( the three line hamburger menu, top left in Mosaic. Select “Support”). The Mosaic app version is 1.4.4.

Thanks Pete, I already updated to 529 when I saw there was an update available, I was just surprised to see that the dCS site is (a bit) behind.

It would also be nice to know what the updates were for.

Which the Release Notes twill tell you. However they appear to be part of the current mess in both website and in this forum ( use the three line option next to your initial or other avatar). Only one remains here; Vivaldi DAC 2.11 and Upsampler 2.10. For @James attention again?

Jim, release notes for recent releases are in fact posted here on the forum under the Software Release Notes section;