Network Bridge - clocks

While I don’t own any of the AfterDark clocks, I believe they source their OCXOs from Symmetricom (not Cybershaft, who also OEM their internal OCXOs). Though I’ve heard rumours that AfterDark also source from CETC (CTI OCXOs), and/or Frequency Electronics.

It would be interesting if you opened your unit up to take a peak :wink:

Thanks Pete. It looks like a non-starter. As someone who was registered fir VAT for many years I can’t see an overseas trader being keen to register

This is even worse than here in India. Sorry guys.

Hi Anup,

You may be right and I may have misunderstood. Regretfully, I’m way too much of a non techie to try to open it up. So it stays as is.

BUT IT WORKS!!! Beyond my expectations.

Best wishes

Aubrey

1 Like

Hi, an old topic perhaps……but I thought I’d revive this rather than start a new one.
I’m wondering if there would be any benefit in adding a clock to my network bridge if I’m using a Audio Note Dac 2 Signature no clock input, no upsampling.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Glen

A wordclcok has two functions. One is to synch various units of a multi box digital system via worcdlock inputs. That seems not relevant your system. The other is to provide a more accurate and stable clock for the DAC but this is only pertinent if the DAC in question has a wordclock input.

So adding a wordclock should produce no effect in your situation. The Network Bridge cannot be synchronised with your other components nor can a wordclock be used with the Audio Note DAC.

1 Like